RA or Scenera

If I find a very awseome deal on an RA(lol)- I was thinking about replacing my scenera with that and giving my scenera to someone who really needs a carseat or just keep as a spare... This probally wouldn't happen till summer though..... Or mabey just mabey the next britax sale...

Is the RA as thin as the scenera? Are the top slots the same as the scenera?
Does it puzzle better than the scenera? And does it last the same amount of time height wise as the scenera for RF?
I tried to search and for some reason it isn't working for me(might be this darn computer).

Thanks. I just hate installing the scenera RF and it takes me forever, and for how often I have to take seats out and in of my van(sometimes 2 times a week), but mostly 1 time a week, I need all easy seats!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

both are nice at puzzling, but the Scenera may be a bit better typically because of having no base.

the top slots are the same, but the leg room and head room are more on the Scenera, so kids have more grow room in it for height and will have more room for their legs, too.

to give you an idea in terms of space for rf...

here is a child who is pictured in each around the same age... you have to scroll down to see the pics... and you can see that there are inches more to go in the Scenera compared to the RA.

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Kaitlyn.aspx

Kat,

Thanks so much! That is what I needed to see! Darn it! That isn't going to work then, since I am so doing ERF with my daycare kids. I just hate the lack of EPS and hard to install RF the scenera is..... Hum....onto another seat I guess to look at.... Even though I love the scenera Price ;-)

christineka

Look at the Avenue. It is bigger than the scenera, has the eps foam, and is pretty inexpensive. Plus it is good for 8 years.

christineka

Well, I'm packing to leave this afternoon. (I keep getting online to see if dh has emailed me back yet- I may have to call.) Dh seems to have already packed the camera as I don't know what he did with it after last night's bassoon photo session. (A little obsessed, but hey I've got a lot of car seats.) And, I don't have any pictures because I used to have different seats in the van. I will get the picture sooner or later, however. Monday seems to be a good day. Now remind me not to forget the camera at the in-laws' house again...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have an Uptown and a Scenera. They are the same height from bottom to top on the outside but the Avenue is bigger inside and fits kids longer 'cause it doesn't have that stand thingy on the bottom. Really they're about the same width-- when I measured the Avenue and Scenera in-store I did not get a full 1/2 inch difference. I find it a bit easier to install the Uptown, and it tilts less. And, the Uptown does puzzle well RF with the Scenera, especially if the Uptown is installed more upright for an older child.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC