Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Big lots apex 65 BF for $65

I just got the big lots black friday ad, and it seems like the tan Apex's the big lots have recently gotten in are going to be SATURDAY sale items for $65. Great price for what it is if you have a situation in which you could use one.....and if you go in prior to 11 am Sat, you get a $10 coupon towards your next visit(for spending $50 or more), so that is sort of like getting it even cheaper, since you qwill be able to go bakc later and use that $10 to buy other stuff...

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Big lots apex 65 BF for $65

Thanks for sharing. Does anybody know if I could use the Apex in the backseat of dh's 1991 GMC extended cab? I had the Nauti back there but it hangs off the seat so I can't use it. If my memory serves the Apex needs a head rest behind it. The truck does not have headrest but the back glass would be directly behind the seat. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

CPS Technician

needs a headrest. It is not reinforced meaning head can slam through glass.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

Man I'm tempted to get one just because. I love a great deal! But all of the cars DS rides in do not have headrests. So unless I get a new car....LOL

Gotta save up for a GN!!!
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Carseat Crazy

Was afraid of that. Thanks for the super quick reply! I guess we are stuck with the Parkway in the truck. I really don't like that option but ds just outgrew the BV and so far I've found nothing else for the truck. He's 5 1/2 and 53lb so I guess it's ok just not my first choice. He's only in the truck once a month or so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by valleyfam View Post
    Was afraid of that. Thanks for the super quick reply! I guess we are stuck with the Parkway in the truck. I really don't like that option but ds just outgrew the BV and so far I've found nothing else for the truck. He's 5 1/2 and 53lb so I guess it's ok just not my first choice. He's only in the truck once a month or so anyway.
    does the truck have a pass side airbag and does the front seat have headrests? If no and yes, I would probably put the seat in the front. i mean, if it weren't an extended cab, he would have to be put up front anyway, so I don't see it as a huge deal. but taht is certainly a parental decision.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Sweet. I'm gonna get it, even if it won't work in every car, my second is outgrowing the Uptown that is her current backup (was also 65 at BL, lol!), having outgrown her Cosco HBB which was her previous backup, and besides that my baby is outgrowing the Scenera, her backup, and needs the Uptown for a backup. So all around we're in desperate need of a cheap HWH seat for a backup... Anyone tried 3 across in any standard to compact sized car with a Radian, Apex, and Uptown/Avenue/Scenera? We're usually either in my dad's OLD Corolla (ick but wider than ours) or my mom's Sentra. (Really I probably outta bite the bullet and buy another Radian, huh? LOL!)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Got it! We also got a Graco Video Monitor that works really well for $50. And a $10 off coupon.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Got it too. My Big Lots only had one. The lady behind me was not happy!!!

Our Big Lots had at least 4. DOM on the one I looked at was Fall 2008. I was surprised that the top harness slot was only about 14.5" tall!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShumNum View Post
    Our Big Lots had at least 4. DOM on the one I looked at was Fall 2008. I was surprised that the top harness slot was only about 14.5" tall!!
    I'm pretty sure there's another slot hiding under the headrest that you must not have seen- it's a 17.5-18" harness height seat.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

There is another slot under the headrest. You have to raise it all the way up to find it.

The daughter I bought it for has about 1 1/2 inches to the second to top slot. So then 3 1/2, 4 to the top. This should last her a good long time. (And that was WITH the body pillow in-- take it out and you'd get 1/4 inch more or so.)

My seat is Oct. 14 08 man. date. If you see one at your Big Lots it's a good bet it will have an Oct. man. date. They were marked the reg. price of $85 but rung up at the sale price, but $85 for a HWH seat is not bad at all. It's a good deal if any of yours still has any! It's kind of a butt-ugly color but for what I paid I could care less (since it's a backup) and I know there are parents who are just grateful to have their kids in safe seats and don't care what they look like at all.

My BigLots had 4 of them @ $85. I picked one up for my friend's DD today. They have one in her car but she wanted another one for DH truck.

A DOM of Sept 2008. It's tan with light blue.