Big lots apex 65 BF for $65

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I just got the big lots black friday ad, and it seems like the tan Apex's the big lots have recently gotten in are going to be SATURDAY sale items for $65. Great price for what it is if you have a situation in which you could use one.....and if you go in prior to 11 am Sat, you get a $10 coupon towards your next visit(for spending $50 or more), so that is sort of like getting it even cheaper, since you qwill be able to go bakc later and use that $10 to buy other stuff...

ADS

valleyfam

Thanks for sharing. Does anybody know if I could use the Apex in the backseat of dh's 1991 GMC extended cab? I had the Nauti back there but it hangs off the seat so I can't use it. If my memory serves the Apex needs a head rest behind it. The truck does not have headrest but the back glass would be directly behind the seat. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Shaunam

Man I'm tempted to get one just because. I love a great deal! But all of the cars DS rides in do not have headrests. So unless I get a new car....LOL

Gotta save up for a GN!!!

valleyfam

Was afraid of that. Thanks for the super quick reply! I guess we are stuck with the Parkway in the truck. I really don't like that option but ds just outgrew the BV and so far I've found nothing else for the truck. He's 5 1/2 and 53lb so I guess it's ok just not my first choice. He's only in the truck once a month or so anyway.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Was afraid of that. Thanks for the super quick reply! I guess we are stuck with the Parkway in the truck. I really don't like that option but ds just outgrew the BV and so far I've found nothing else for the truck. He's 5 1/2 and 53lb so I guess it's ok just not my first choice. He's only in the truck once a month or so anyway.

does the truck have a pass side airbag and does the front seat have headrests? If no and yes, I would probably put the seat in the front. i mean, if it weren't an extended cab, he would have to be put up front anyway, so I don't see it as a huge deal. but taht is certainly a parental decision.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Sweet. I'm gonna get it, even if it won't work in every car, my second is outgrowing the Uptown that is her current backup (was also 65 at BL, lol!), having outgrown her Cosco HBB which was her previous backup, and besides that my baby is outgrowing the Scenera, her backup, and needs the Uptown for a backup. So all around we're in desperate need of a cheap HWH seat for a backup... Anyone tried 3 across in any standard to compact sized car with a Radian, Apex, and Uptown/Avenue/Scenera? We're usually either in my dad's OLD Corolla (ick but wider than ours) or my mom's Sentra. (Really I probably outta bite the bullet and buy another Radian, huh? LOL!)

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Our Big Lots had at least 4. DOM on the one I looked at was Fall 2008. I was surprised that the top harness slot was only about 14.5" tall!!

Qarin

Our Big Lots had at least 4. DOM on the one I looked at was Fall 2008. I was surprised that the top harness slot was only about 14.5" tall!!

I'm pretty sure there's another slot hiding under the headrest that you must not have seen- it's a 17.5-18" harness height seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There is another slot under the headrest. You have to raise it all the way up to find it. :thumbsup:

The daughter I bought it for has about 1 1/2 inches to the second to top slot. So then 3 1/2, 4 to the top. This should last her a good long time. :D (And that was WITH the body pillow in-- take it out and you'd get 1/4 inch more or so.)

My seat is Oct. 14 08 man. date. If you see one at your Big Lots it's a good bet it will have an Oct. man. date. They were marked the reg. price of $85 but rung up at the sale price, but $85 for a HWH seat is not bad at all. It's a good deal if any of yours still has any! It's kind of a butt-ugly color but for what I paid I could care less (since it's a backup) and I know there are parents who are just grateful to have their kids in safe seats and don't care what they look like at all.

PixieEMT

My BigLots had 4 of them @ $85. I picked one up for my friend's DD today. They have one in her car but she wanted another one for DH truck.

A DOM of Sept 2008. :thumbsup: It's tan with light blue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC