New Cover for Britax Traveller Plus/Husky

F

Frankwuit

Hello,
for our three seats ( one Husky and two european Britax Traveller Plus) i get new covers (german-polish Company)
The Headrest from the Traveller Plus was to smal in my opinion, so i let the headrest make
bigger. Its a sound-system for Nintendo/cd-player in the headrest.
Do you like the cover?
For the cover i payed 50€ and for the headrest 15€. Very cheap, i think.
The cloth is original VW.

Kind regards and sorry for my english,
Frank

ADS
F

Frankwuit

Another picture. I will send better pictures in a few days.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I thought the Traveler Plus was a Special Needs seat in the US. Is there a Euro version for standard distribution.

While the new cover is very nice looking---you've made any child who uses that seat a crash test dummy in a crash. You can ONLY use the ones made by the manufacturer.

Susan

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Welcome to the forum Frank :)

As nicely made as that cover seems, it goes against the manufacturer's recommendations & safest practice in general. Even if it does fit the seat correctly so that the harness, etc. can perform properly during a crash, the covers that come with carseats directly from the manufacturer are too often the only things that prevent children from being burned to death :( I don't know if "VW cloth" would provide that protection. :confused:

F

Frankwuit

For better understanding:
We are living in germany and it is no problem, to use a cover, thats is not from britax.
Our covers are very good and fits perfectly.
The Traveller Plus cost in germany 1150€!!
A new cover cost 274€?
How can pay so much money for this things?

In the moment britax uk cant deliver any cover. We are looking for a new company.....
The Traveller Plus is not in produktion ( Britax UK), is this right?

My next project is a table for the Traveller plus with the vw cloth and veniyl table in grey. So our son will have a good comfort on long journeys .

The vw cloth is the same cloth like our VW Multivan T4 has got inside.
Is looks very, very god i my opinion.
Kind regards,
Frank

Maedze

Hi Frank,

It's not the Germany rules that say whether or not you can use a different cover. It is Britax rules. Britax says, "no different covers".

If you use a different cover, then you lose the warranty on the seat.

:)

joyride

It's not the Germany rules that say whether or not you can use a different cover. It is Britax rules. Britax says, "no different covers".
Britax Germany doesn´t mention this in their manuals!
I was allready surprised of that but checked it on my own - it´s true.
Joy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC