What umbrella stroller holds up the best?.....

emandbri

I need one that goes to at least 60 lbs. I can't get another maclaren. I now have 2 that are messed up and my husband says there is no way I'm buying another one.

Is there anything out there that is better quality? Am I just really hard on strollers? Is it just because it is almost 10 years old? If I can talk my husband into another maclaren would I have better luck with a techno since it is heavier?

My first mac is a 98 sprinter and the wheels are completely shot because I let Jacob use it way past the weight limit.

The second one is a 1999 minstrel from Europe, I got it off an Albee baby ebay auction in 2003. After breaking the other one I haven't let Benjamin use it now that he is over 40 lbs. I know that maclaren says it is okay to use older ones past 40 but I love the stroller so much I wasn't taking any chances!

It was working okay last week and now it is totally pulling to the left. :( I don't recall doing anything to it. I do keep it in the the back of the van with my MBUS maybe it got hit funny while driving.

I'm going to call Maclaren but I don't know if they have any parts for strollers that old. I just want to cry. :(

Last edited:
ADS

LuvBug

since the macs you have are so much older, maybe you could try a newer version? I have a 03 vogue and DS is about 48lbs and it still pushes beautifully with him.

emandbri

I called today and the women is going to look into it but she doubts they have parts to fix either of them. She is going to ask someone in the technical side and get back to me.

It was kind of funny because I assumed I was calling Connecticut but she said all customer service is now all in the UK.

lovinwaves

I say, sell them both and use those profits to fund a NEW Maclaren. You might be able to get some nice $$$ for the UK build one.

emandbri

She called back already and thinks they can fix them! :D I'm so excited! I'm going to ship them both to New York and they are going to take a look at them.

She suggested UPS "low cost ground"

I don't think I'll have time to do it until next week with thanksgiving and all.

I'll be without an umbrella stroller for a while but I'll make do.

MoreLatte

I say, sell them both and use those profits to fund a NEW Maclaren. You might be able to get some nice $$$ for the UK build one.

How do you get a UK Mac? (I'm pretty sure mine says made in China.) Do you just have to buy an older one or do you order straight from the UK?

emandbri

How do you get a UK Mac? (I'm pretty sure mine says made in China.) Do you just have to buy an older one or do you order straight from the UK?

I'm not sure. Like I said I got my on ebay, I don't know how albee baby got a bunch of European strollers. I don't recall if the posting said it was european or if people on the stroller board at parentsplace said it was European. The instructions were only in English so it must be UK, I looked and can't find where it was made. I'm fairly sure though that after a certain date all macs were made in china.

I thought I'd update that I've decided to also get the techno that was on craigslist that needed new back wheels, she is selling it to me for $35. I figure if I'm shipping two strollers to be fixed I might as well ship a third and then I can have an umbrella stroller that Benjamin can fit in. Just last week we went to dinner at fuddruckers and Benjamin was asleep and I had to take the MBUS and so would have loved to have him in an umbrella instead.

Sure I could sell one (or two) but I'm not, I'm going to keep them all! :D I can't sell the techno since it has the higher weight limit and can't sell the others they have sentimental value!

skaterbabs

I'm not sure why you're having trouble, but I bought my mac volo almost two years ago and it's taken a beating in that time. Still looks and works perfectly.

mominabigtruck

I have an 04 techno classic and I think its way better quality then the cheaper macs I've seen at bru. Honestly, I thought it would be just an errand stroller but I use mine to trek all over and I've never had any problems with it and that's with a close to 40lb kid in it and usually with a bunch of stuff hanging off the handles.:twocents:

emandbri

I'm not sure why you're having trouble, but I bought my mac volo almost two years ago and it's taken a beating in that time. Still looks and works perfectly.

It hasn't been the same since I put benjmain in my marathon and put them both in the stroller but it still worked okay but now it is just so hard to even push it because it moves so much from side to side. Very odd.

i have on i want to ship in and have fixed...can they give me a new canopy too?

They might have a canopy in stock it would be worth a phone call. My canopy on my old sprinter broke and I mailed and and the fixed it. The plastic peice that keeps the canopoy up broke in two and one of the plastic pieces that keep it open broke. I don't recall how much it was, this was years and years ago.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC