what's too old?

geth

okay my cousin has a britax marathon....which is what i've been wanting. and she's going to take her son out of the car seat and just use a booster which he's 7. so i'm sure they've had the seat for at least 5 years.... so would it be too old for me to use?
i don't mind spending the money for one (even though i've had to save up a long time to get this and it's my only present this year. :) but she's giving it to me for free since she won't need it anymore.
and if i can use it then where is the best place to get a cover?

thanks so much!!!!

ADS

Pepse

they have an expiry of 6 years so you will have to check the date of manufactor on teh seat.

You can buy covers from Britax or watch in Car seat swap or ebay but don't buy "Custom COvers"

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Britax seats expire 6 years from the DOM (date of manufacture). The first MAs were made in 2002, so the oldest are just now starting to expire. Mine expires next year :(

And right now, Britax has some of their covers on sale for $25.

ame0312

britax seats "expire" 6 yrs from the date of manufacture... there should be a sticker somewhere on it, but it sounds like you wont get much use... theres some good deals on new ones now...

geth

well shoot.....hopefully they haven't had them a long time! :(
i'm gonna call and check now cause it may be pointless to get that one. thanks so much. i will update when i find out to ask more questions.

geth

okay well she said that she threw away all the papers on it and she knows she's had it before 2005. so is there a place on the seat i could find the information....whenever i get to see the seat?
i really appreciate the help.

and will it fit okay in a 05 grand am?

keri1292

The DOM is on a sticker on the seat. Usually under the cover by the harness adjuster in the front or on the side, slightly under the lip.

I believe it installs just fine in a Grand Am. :)

BW1426

How old is the child that you'll be using the Marathon before and what seat are they currently in?

vonfirmath

okay well she said that she threw away all the papers on it and she knows she's had it before 2005. so is there a place on the seat i could find the information....whenever i get to see the seat?
i really appreciate the help.

and will it fit okay in a 05 grand am?

Our marathon fit fine in a 2001 grand am (That turned out to not have LATCH) So it should be great in a 2005 with LATCH! (And it was installed RFing behind my husband, who is tall. So it really fit FINE)

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
A MA fit fine RF in an 05 Grand Am 2 door behind the passenger seat...could of had someone in front seat too!

Susan

SPJ&E

The DOM is on a sticker on the seat. Usually under the cover by the harness adjuster in the front or on the side, slightly under the lip.

It could also be on the side, up toward the top (above the FF beltpath, kind of under the lip of the shell). That's where all of mine are and they range from an early 2005 manufacture date to a 2007 one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC