Someone just give me a reason

misskerri

amazon.com has the Brooke MA for $190.25, with free super saver shipping. travelingtikes.com has it for $189.

Such good deals.

Trouble is...I have 2 serviceable convertible seats, that will serve their purpose for now (Triumph and ComfortSport purchased in 2004 for my son). I need to double-check expiration dates, but they won't expire before December of 2009. So I could at least PUT OFF the purchase of another seat.

Someone. Please give me a good justification for buying the MA, aside from "I want a pretty seat, I like to shop, and I like getting deliveries from UPS."

:whistle:

(um...think i should put this in the car seat chat forum instead of here. can't see how to delete! sorry!)

ADS

melniemi

How old is your dd? Because both the Triumph and Comfort Sport are outgrown pretty young due to the short shell, especially for rearfacing.

I have Brooke marathons and love them:love:

arly1983

Its according to how old your triumph and comfort sport are, they could have the old 30 lb RFing limits on them. With the MA, you could RF to at least 33 lbs and might get lucky and get one of the newer MAs with the 35 lb limit.

misskerri

My daughter is 10 months old. She is still in her infant carseats in both cars, and she's getting perilously close to the height and weight limits for those seats.

I know my son outgrew the ComfortSport before he turned 3. He still had some room to grow in the Triumph when I moved him to the Nautilus a few months ago (he'll be 5 in a month).

I know that the rear-facing limits on the CS and the Triumph are 30lbs. But my guess is they may expire before she even hits the weight limit. My *plan* was to put her in Nautiluses, forward-facing of course, when they expire. But she may not even be 2 when they expire (which would mean I'd only have to buy 2 more seats for her...the 2 Nautiluses), and I am now leaning towards keeping her rear-facing for longer.

My son was turned around at a year. I have learned some stuff since then.

MoreLatte

I would replace the comfort sport with a MA. You won't regret it. The MA is so easy to install, has lock-offs and can be tethered RF. You just don't understand the love of a Marathon til you own one. I bet if you buy one, you soon will want to replace your other seat with one, too!

misskerri

I would replace the comfort sport with a MA. You won't regret it. The MA is so easy to install, has lock-offs and can be tethered RF. You just don't understand the love of a Marathon til you own one. I bet if you buy one, you soon will want to replace your other seat with one, too!

The lockoffs might be the thing that convinces my husband, b/c he's had to deal with those silver seatbelt clips for five years now. Of course, MY vehicle has LATCH. His Explorer does not, so that's the vehicle where lockoffs would come in handy...

But...

I want the pretty seat in MY vehicle! And...he only takes the kids in his car a couple times a week. He picks them up from daycare on my late night, and on Saturdays when I am at work, he takes them to the park and on errands. Mostly, the kids are in my car...

NVMBR02

You could always get one Marathon and one Truefit (the first years) There seem to be coupon codes for that one a lot, so You can find it for around $170. It also comes in a pretty pattern Monet, or keep the pretty Marathon for you and oder a plain one for dh if he prefers.

NannyMom

Just realize they are no longer making brooke, so it could be a year old. Is the price as much of a deal if you loose that much time?

misskerri

Just realize they are no longer making brooke, so it could be a year old. Is the price as much of a deal if you loose that much time?

Actually, considering she's nearly a year old now, I would think that 5 years' use would be plenty before transitioning to a Nautilus or some other booster. If the MA I get has a DOM in 2007, that would make it good until the end of 2013, and at the end of 2013, Claudia will be nearing 6 years old. I would not feel uncomfortable moving her out of a convertible seat at that point.

cpsaddict

Not necessarily. For a long time, albeebaby had the Portland MA, which was discontinued at BRU. If Britax has more covers than they need around, they will slap them on new seats and discount them. The Brooke was a Target exclusive and when they discontinued it, Britax may have been left with a bunch of Brooke covers hanging around.

cpsaddict

Any of these three would be reasons enough for me:

Please give me a good justification for buying the MA, aside from "I want a pretty seat, I like to shop, and I like getting deliveries from UPS."

LOL!

Synchro246

:yeahthat:

Besides the added RF time you get more harness time too! Your daughter will be 6-7 when the MA expires. Even if she outgrows it at 4-5 you've still gotten A LOT of good use out of it. There will be something as compelling as the naughi or better by that time. And these prices are what, $40 more than the nautilus? The extra RF time is worth the $40 plus having to buy a booster later (which you might have to do anyway since the GN would expire when your daughter is like 8-9).
The MA installs so easily in so many cars you really won't regret spending the money :thumbsup:

indigoblossom

it doesn't seem like that's really ever the case, even with older seats. and they *just* discontinued brooke and ashley this summer so chances are pretty good that they're only a few months old.

misskerri

i have one of each (ashley and brooke) in my cart at travelingtikes.com.

i reaaaaaallllly want them. i am seriously very close to just charging them and paying for them when i get my service incentive pay from the city in a couple weeks...

indigoblossom

i have one of each (ashley and brooke) in my cart at travelingtikes.com.

i reaaaaaallllly want them. i am seriously very close to just charging them and paying for them when i get my service incentive pay from the city in a couple weeks...

get 'em both and if you hate one in person (yeah right, huh?) or decide you only need one, you can sell one to me if i find out we're having a little girl in two weeks :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC