So how big really before outgrowing como/signo?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
with some of the deals lately, I've been considering getting a como/signo, but I know there was so much controversy when they came out..the 70 lb weight limit being completely inrealistic given the narrowness, shortness, etc of the seats......now that they have been in use a while, what is the general consensus as far as how big of a child they REALLY accomodate?
Is it realistic to get this seat for a child who is 4, and expect them to get a couple years out of it? Child just turned 4, is 38/39 pounds and 40 inches tall, rides the 50th percentile, so very average size, literally, lol!

ADS

skylinphoto

on hipmonkey.com there is a picture of an 8 year old (i may be mistaken) sitting in it. It gives her stats as well. She's outgrown it in the picture ..but, it'll give you an idea of how an older child will fit.

sorry, that's the best i can do!!
I have no idea how long the seat will last. I have one..and I love it though! :)

fyrfightermomma

My older child will easily make it to 7-8 in this seat. The harness height is very tall.

My younger one I would say 6ish.

That's just by harness height though. That doesn't include comfort, leg support etc. I have no clue how that will be then :)

The Signo offers more shoulder room than the Como so that's something to think about. The como has removable head wings, but the Signo they are stuck in there if that's an issue for an older bigger child

Peony

DD1 will be 6 in a few weeks and still has room to grow in our Signo. She isn't tiny, thin but average height, 50% I think. I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it till age 7-8. She has never complained about lack of comfort, leg support in it. Her regular seats are regents, we keep in the Signo in my mom's car for her most of the time, but when she is with my mom they drive for a hour easily. I'd imagine that she would tell me is she didn't like it.

This pic was taken days after she turned 5, it's not installed in the car but you can see how much room she has left. At that point, the MA's were almost outgrown. http://picasaweb.google.com/PeonyMama/CarSeats#5238890724341167362

scatterbunny

Here's my dd in the Signo last February, at 6y7mo. She's over the top slots and the tops of her ears were right at the top of the shell. I'm trying to remember how tall and heavy she was then; I'm thinking 50ish inches and 55ish pounds?

(Pics are clickable)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC