Question Disney w/ 2.5 DS Zapp, BJMS, P3?

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Chicco Trevi and a Techno are options too. Any ideas? We have 4 older children so I would like some storage. And he needs to be able to sleep, we did Disney when older DS was 2.5 and used a Volo, I hated it and wished I had a cheap Graco w/ a big basket :) We are flying so the MBUS is out unless I buy the travel bag and ship it? Not sure what we will have for a rental, some sort of a van.

I own a Techno that needs a new hood for $50 and the P3 I planned to use is broken, haven't found out if it can be fixed yet but from what I have heard the repair cost isn't worth it.

Any ideas....I don't mind an excuse to buy a new stroller ;)

ADS

lovinwaves

BJMS:

Good shade, actually excellent sunshade

Easy small, lightweight fold

Basket size is so so though.

Not Tippy

Easy for him to climb in and out of

Older child could ride if needed(not sure exactly how much older the siblings are, but it does hold 50lbs)

My BJ has been out in the rain a few times and the material on it is pretty water repellant. So something else to give a * for on the BJ.

Excellent for sleeping because of very tall back, virtually flat recline, and with the sunshade pulled down it is quite cozy in there. I also love that the back flap(where the child's head would be laying down) can be raised up so the mesh is exposed, and provides great air circulation for the sleeping child.

mom2acrew

Thanks Melissa! This has been a top contender, Julie suggested a Mia Moda Cielo Evolution too. The fold is very tempting.

What are your thoughts on either gate checking a mini or finding a bag to check it w/ luggage? We have a direct flight from a small airport....and lots of hands to hold his...or the Ergo.

One other question, would a mini tip w/ a skip hop hanging off it if DS hops out?

My next oldest will be almost 7 and just under 50#, he might ride too.

Thanks Jodi

lovinwaves

Thanks Melissa! This has been a top contender, Julie suggested a Mia Moda Cielo Evolution too. The fold is very tempting.

What are your thoughts on either gate checking a mini or finding a bag to check it w/ luggage? We have a direct flight from a small airport....and lots of hands to hold his...or the Ergo.

One other question, would a mini tip w/ a skip hop hanging off it if DS hops out?

My next oldest will be almost 7 and just under 50#, he might ride too.

Thanks Jodi

Not sure about the gate checking and luggage, because I have never flown with kids, but...

The Mini is so incredibly small, that once you pop off the wheels you could probably easily find a bag to put it in. The wheels have a quick release.

Ask, Joolsy, if there is any tipping issues with the MINI single(Since I only have experience with the double, but I can tell you the double will NOT tip, and I have the handlebar weighted down all the time.)

I would completely rule out the Zapp if you are wanting to hang a bag on the stroller, and allow him to be able to get in and out without it tipping.

The Zapp (new and old version) are tippy if you blow on it :rolleyes:

lovinwaves

How tall are you? I have heard some shorter people complaining about the height on the BJ mini's when they first get them. The handlebar is REALLY tall. I personally like it, since I am almost 5'10", but if you are really short....I don't know...

mom2acrew

Thank you. I bought one today...complete impulse buy :) Funny you mentioned the height, I am 5'2" and yes I did not like it instantly but DH is 6'2" so he will like it and push it the most :)

I do need to try my SK buggy bag on it now :) There was a mix up w/ the colors and I ended up w/ green instead of the blue I wanted but the green is growing on me :)

Thanks for your help.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC