Clek Video featuring Olli and Oobr!!

Kat_Momof3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVAn4O5loz8

I thought it was very well done.:love:

I would have honestly liked to see the boy in the oobr, too, and have an even older child be the one in the olli, but hey, it showed proper use, so I'm satisfied.

The little girl seemed to be over age 4, and that's the main point (the boy was obviously older than her):twocents:

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
How cool!!!! Love how they show that the child in the Olli can really do it all himself. I really want to see the Oobr irl!!!

Tyler'sMom1117

The Olli is seriously the easiest booster for kids to buckle in correctly that we have ever had. The fit is awesome on every child I have had use it. The belt is really low on the thighs. The arm rests are also at just the right place and it is easy to get the seatbelt under them.

Maedze

Love the carrying strap and how easily the ice cream cleaned up!

What is the fabric on the Oobr made of? It looked almost rough, like astroturg. LOL. Other than that, I loved the commercial :thumbsup:

I might try to find the money to buy an Oobr. I have a Graco TB that fits DS great, but I don't care for how flimsy it feels esp. next to the Nautilus. I know it doesn't have a head rest requirement like the Dorel boosters but seriously I can't see that head piece really standing up to a hard impact :thumbsdown:

Then I have a FPSVB, which fits him absolutely great, the seatbelt falls in all the right places, but it has no side impact protection. Also, he fell asleep in it once and even with the belt locked he managed to shrug his shoulder out. Which makes me really uncomfortable and confirms my belief that he is not ready for full time booster use despite my partner wanting to do a booster full time.

The Nautilus as a booster fits him really bad, and I think the Monterey would be the same way.

So the Oobr might be the only thing to meet the requirements right now. I wish it wasn't so unaffordable :(

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Now that I see it done, I figure I can use almost any strap. I will have to play with it. I am thinking to taking the clek for Tyler on our trip.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Okay that video is making it that much easier for my to spend $249 for the Oobr.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Olli. K1 would love for it to be her everyday seat but I am not & she is not ready for a lbb as an everyday seat. She still falls asleep in the vehicle.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
What is the fabric on the Oobr made of? It looked almost rough, like astroturg. LOL. Other than that, I loved the commercial :thumbsup:

I might try to find the money to buy an Oobr. I have a Graco TB that fits DS great, but I don't care for how flimsy it feels esp. next to the Nautilus. I know it doesn't have a head rest requirement like the Dorel boosters but seriously I can't see that head piece really standing up to a hard impact :thumbsdown:

Then I have a FPSVB, which fits him absolutely great, the seatbelt falls in all the right places, but it has no side impact protection. Also, he fell asleep in it once and even with the belt locked he managed to shrug his shoulder out. Which makes me really uncomfortable and confirms my belief that he is not ready for full time booster use despite my partner wanting to do a booster full time.

The Nautilus as a booster fits him really bad, and I think the Monterey would be the same way.

So the Oobr might be the only thing to meet the requirements right now. I wish it wasn't so unaffordable :(

I think the material will be the same as the Olli which is not rough at all. It's a high quality car upholstry type material that helps prevent staining.

Kat_Momof3

I want a strap for my bb. Do they sell those separate?

I would contact Mike who posts on here... pm him... he should be able to tell you.

I'm just GUESSING, but I'm thinking maybe a new accessory for this year?? Maybe coming standard with the Olli??

if the Nautilus fits him poorly, the Monterey definitely will... cause the Nautilus fits my kids as a booster FANTASTICALLY. The Monterey fits Jeffrey the same, but try Ruthie in the Monterey and the fit just isn't right yet... but by the time she outgrows the Nautilus as a harnessed seat (or maybe even wait till she outgrows it as a booster, since I am trying to wait as long as I can before I take Jeffrey's Monterey away... he LOVES it that much) she should fit perfectly, too.

The oobr IS pricey, but for those who really need it and want it and can manage the money, I would just think of it compared to a harnessed seat... the pricepoint is similar to a britax seat, but you'll be using it probably longer.

Trust me, if I could rationalize it over the Monterey, I would, but as it were... I'm finding I can't even rationalize buying a second Monterey...

I may rationalize a pink cover for the Monterey.. but Red isn't non-girly.

The most I can do now is go measure the Monterey backless and my cosco backless so that I can see how the Olli compares for thickness.

If it is about the same, then that will be Jeffrey's next seat.... unless I just can't bear the thought of him with that shallow of a seat... then I might put him in the Nautilus Backless when I move Ruthie to the Monterey or buy him a Combi Dakota.

sarsah

We love, love, love or Olli. It is the main seat for my 8 year and he has never complained about riding in it it, eventhough all his friends have been out of boosters for a long time.

I am not 100% sure, but I think ours came with the carry strap, although it's pretty much always in my van so we haven't had a need to use it yet.

I think this seat is well worth the money!
Sarah

Tyler'sMom1117

Our Olli came with the strap and a silky travel bag. I haven't used the strap yet, but if will be nice if/and when I need to use it. The strap has to be removed when you use the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC