I need strap covers for my Safeseat 1

The straps have left marks on my daycare babies neck a few times now. It has gotten to the point where I pull up her shirt as much as I can and it is fine, but when it slides down it is leaving marks on her neck that are staying. My daycare mom isn't too happy...seeing she thinks straps falling off her are safer, cuz they aren't hurtng her. So, I have come to the point of loosening it a bit(more than I feel safe with) this past friday because I worry about the marks. Did the safeseat Legacy come with strap covers? If I leave the infant head rest in, it seems to be fine and leave no marks, but the baby hates them... It takes me alot just to get her in her seat and tighten the straps(Because mom leaves them so loose where the baby can sit perfectly straight up in it). I have tried her in the scenera RF and she hates it as well. But, I did notice when it is a lil' looser she is happier. So, how can I make her happier? I know aftermarket products are a no-no, but......

Someone help.

ADS

emandbri

I would try socks with the feet cut out before strap covers, they are thinner and less likely to be a problem in a crash.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I used the comfort pads off my Britax seats...personal decision, but I don't see where it would make a difference between those (which are obviously crashtested on Britax seats) and the ones that come on the upper-end SS1's. :twocents:

G8r4evr

There are several Graco strap covers available on Ebay, just do a search...

I just wish I could find the black ones...I have emailed Graco, but havent heard back yet.

I will try the sock things for now then! Oooh I see on ebay the strap covers.... I looked on the ebay website and saw nothing... I wonder if BRU has the graco covers as well?

Thanks so much everyone! :)

G8r4evr

I will try the sock things for now then! Oooh I see on ebay the strap covers.... I looked on the ebay website and saw nothing... I wonder if BRU has the graco covers as well?

Thanks so much everyone! :)

The Graco website says that BRU carries them, but I have yet to find them. I emailed Graco and havent heard back...I get the feeling they arent making them anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC