Switching from Britax to True Fit?

MissAllyLou

I'm noticing that only certain patterns of the True Fit have shoulder pads. Do any of you, who switched from a Britax with comfort pads to a TF without, have a problem? I hope I'm making sense here! I've decided I'm only going to use the TF rearfacing for one child (wow, I'm such a geek!!), so I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want the Monet cover! Help me decide, and soon... it's on sale on albeebaby.com for $179 right now :love:.

ADS

natysr

I haven't switched, but I can say that Jordan pulls the shoulderpads off his Marathon. So, we don't have problems with no pads.

MissAllyLou

I haven't switched, but I can say that Jordan pulls the shoulderpads off his Marathon. So, we don't have problems with no pads.

Oddly enough, all 'my' kids love :love: their shoulder pads! I wonder if it's because they are all sewn on now? Hmm.

melniemi

If you order through learningcurve.com with coupon LCSHOP25, you can get it for like $162 shipped or close to that.

Hope you didn't order it yet:thumbsup:

MOM25BOYS

I doing a happy dance for you Ally on finally giving in a buying a TF.:D:D:D

I know you are a die hard Britax fan, but I promise the TF won't disappoint you.;) Once you get past the RF Tether that is....:whistle::)

MissAllyLou

I doing a happy dance for you Ally on finally giving in a buying a TF.:D:D:D

I know you are a die hard Britax fan, but I promise the TF won't disappoint you.;) Once you get past the RF Tether that is....:whistle::)

And you know it's going to kill me, since Maggie is 25 pounds already :eek:. Can I brace the True Fit? Not that I can safely drive with my front seat back far enough to brace it :rolleyes:. I'll have to take pics, and you can tell me how she looks in it. Her legs just look so squished in the MA:p , and I think we've all decided she's too big for the SS1, which, surprisingly, had more leg room?

sunnymw

IIRC you can have it touching but not "braced" per se. Of course you'd have to put your seat REALLY far back, because the way the headrest part is shaped, the seat is really awesome on front-to-back room.

MissAllyLou

IIRC you can have it touching but not "braced" per se. Of course you'd have to put your seat REALLY far back, because the way the headrest part is shaped, the seat is really awesome on front-to-back room.

I had a feeling. I can't really brace any seat in my truck though, even the Radian doesn't touch my seat! My backseat doesn't look huge, but I guess it must be.

Kat_Momof3

Oddly enough, all 'my' kids love :love: their shoulder pads! I wonder if it's because they are all sewn on now? Hmm.

I've never had sewn on ones and all my kids loved theirs, too.

However, they also had seats that didn't have them for years beforehand (except Ruthie) and I don't know if that might contribute.

But I do know that they haven't complained since they outgrew those seats and have no pads on their seatbelts in boosters or the vehicle seat.

Ruthie loves hers... she was happy when I remembered where I put hers yesterday.... she kept rubbing them against her cheek and thanking me and kissing them... but she hadn't made like she noticed. I'm putting them back because she's been getting red marks on her neck, even with the clothes pulled up or with a light jacket on, which she never got with them on.

So... I looked until I found them.

seamonkeys

If you order through learningcurve.com with coupon LCSHOP25, you can get it for like $162 shipped or close to that.

Hope you didn't order it yet:thumbsup:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Where were you 32.5 seconds ago???

Oh well, it's only $17 difference :(

Yeah, I was going to say that too, but with the LCFRIEND code.

You should do a search for codes on here before buying, I've listed that one in several different posts.

OR, I always check retailmenot.com! I'm ordering some shoes right now and found a 25% off coupon code!! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC