Infant seat questions and wwyd?

melniemi

I offered to watch my friend's baby when he is born if she decides to go back to work. I have a few months yet.

So, I will be getting rid of one of my regents. I have an 11/05 and a 12/07. Which would you get rid of?

Also, I know I can fit a keyfit between 2 parkways in my third row. I can also fit a ff'ing ma. So I could put my 4 yo back in her marathon between the boys or I could put the baby there. Who would you put there? The boys are in school all day. Would you put a newborn in the third row? I don't have a way to put a mirror back there. Or would you prefer the baby in the middle row captains chair and 4 yo in the third row?

I think it would be easier for the boys to buckle their parkways with a base there rather than a marathon. But I can help if they can't get it.

If a keyfit fits w/o much, if any, room left, will a SS1 fit? I'm thinking the SS1 would last longer and if I put it in the third row, it would be easier to use. I couldn't fit a rf'ing ma between the 2 parkways and I don't know how long a KF would last - possibly long enough for my baby to go ff'ing in the ma in the third row.

So, I will be buying an infant seat. I have my 4 kids - stats in siggy - a little older and bigger, but not much. I need to fit:
2 parkways
1 ma or regent ffing
1 rf ma
1 infant seat

I have an 02 Venture with a bench in the third row, seating 3, and 2 captains' chairs in the middle row.

I cannot fit 2 marathons in the third row. It has to be a combo of the 2 parkways and a ff'ing ma or infant seat.

Thanks for helping me:)

ADS

MissAllyLou

I would be perfectly fine with the baby in the third row, unless you are traveling more than 45 minutes at a time on a regular basis. For shorter trips, or trips where you stop often even though you are in the car a long time, I'd be fine with it. I would just, personally, want to be able to lay my eyes on the baby every now and then. Also, it will be much easier for your boys to buckle with an infant base next to them, than an MA. :twocents:

melniemi

I don't know, but I will likely leave the seat installed. She works 1-5 days/week now, all depending. She is a nurse at a Medicare facility.

Kat_Momof3

I'm actually thinking I'd put the baby in the middle row because the Marathon sits higher and would be easier to buckle next to.

Also, your 4yr old would probably be able to buckle HERSELF... saving the chance of whacking anyone in the head getting the seat in the base.

Plus... with the base in the captain's chair, you can set the infant seat on the front passeger/driver (whichever it's in back of) seat and flip the captain's chair (assuming you install with latch) while you access the third row.

If it were my own baby, I'd have no qualm about putting baby in the third row.

But someone else's baby... I'd want to be sure to have quicker access to it... just in case the baby started choking or something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC