What vehicle for a family of 8?

bobbysgirl7103

Ok, so I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. So that will be 6 kids plus Dh and me. We already have a Suburban. Is there any way I will be able to fit us all in it, or am I going to need to start looking for something else? Also, what else is there? lol Thank you!

DSS9 67 lbs 4'8

DS8 80 lbs 4'7

DSD7 55 lbs 4'5

DS5 55 lbs 3'11.5

DD18mth 22lbs 31.5 in

new baby in hopefully the SS1 that I lent out to my friend

These are the seats we have, but I am open to saving up for new ones to make everyone fit well.

1 Marathon
1 Radian80
2 Regents
1 Parkway
2 HB Turbo boosters
2 NB Turbo boosters

The 2 HB Turbo boosters will be expiring May 09 though

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well, a Dodge Sprinter would always be an option, but I am not sure if that is overkill for a family of eight.

Congrats on the new baby!

bobbysgirl7103

Thank you both and thanks for the congrats. :D That's what I figured I would try out the next nice day. Take all my seats out and see if any configuration will work.

TXAggieTech

I would think you should be able to fit. Does it have lap/shoulder belts and head rests in all positions? That would make it easier.

At the most you may end up needing to sell the wider seats to fund Radians but that would be cheaper than a new vehicle.

We have an Excursion and are a tad larger. I can fit 6 car seats no problem, but the 3rd row doesn't have head rests and the middle seats don't have shoulder belts so that limits use.

Congrats!

christineka

I'm expecting number 6 too and I know 6 seats can fit in 6 rear seating positions if only you have the right ones in the right places. I can fit 6 in my aerostar with the extra 3-seater bench. I'm hoping it won't come to that, though and that we can buy an 8 seater sienna.

Momof4Girls

Well, a Dodge Sprinter would always be an option, but I am not sure if that is overkill for a family of eight.

Congrats on the new baby!

It gets better mileage than the Suburban (last I checked), and, if you're not "done" having kids, there's PLENTY of growing room. We only had a 5-pass Escape when we were pg with dd4, and rather than go to the minivan (for not much less, bought new, than the Sprinter!), we just went straight for the Sprinter, and we'll drive it into the ground.

So, this mom of 4 says that the Sprinter isn't overkill :D I :love: mine!

bobbysgirl7103

Thank you again everyone for the advice. I still haven't gotten to play around with the fit in the Suburban because of the weather, but now I have some hope that they will fit. :)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Ok, so I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. So that will be 6 kids plus Dh and me. We already have a Suburban. Is there any way I will be able to fit us all in it, or am I going to need to start looking for something else? Also, what else is there? lol Thank you!

DSS9 67 lbs 4'8

DS8 80 lbs 4'7

DSD7 55 lbs 4'5

DS5 55 lbs 3'11.5

DD18mth 22lbs 31.5 in

new baby in hopefully the SS1 that I lent out to my friend

These are the seats we have, but I am open to saving up for new ones to make everyone fit well.

1 Marathon
1 Radian80
2 Regents
1 Parkway
2 HB Turbo boosters
2 NB Turbo boosters

The 2 HB Turbo boosters will be expiring May 09 though

Having had a Tahoe I might be able to help.

3rd row I would put the Radian 80 center with any of the boosters ourboard. Only thing when installing the Radian put the release button on the belt stalk up against the Radian so it's not accidently pushed by the booster child.

Then on the 2nd row the Safe Seat & Marathon with another booster in the passenger outboard. By putting the booster in the outboard it can easily moved to allow easy access for the 3rd row passengers.

You could probably do the Radian & MA in the 3rd row only thing is the 3rd row only has 1 top tether so one couldn't be top tethered which ideally would be the Radian because of it's testing does well with out one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC