Question does clothing count toward weight limit?

U

Unregistered

My son (who will be 3 in March) is just over 30 lbs. He's still rear facing in a Britax Roundabout. Because he's getting too tall we're switching him to a Marathon this weekend. My question is, do clothes count toward weight restrictions? Let's say he gains a pound or two this month. If he's 35 lbs with clothes on will I have to flip him forward?

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere. I couldn't find it.

ADS

LuvBug

yes, clothes and shoes are included in weight. You should always measure by how they ride in the seat, since that is how they will be if there happen to be a wreck.

Maedze

My son (who will be 3 in March) is just over 30 lbs. He's still rear facing in a Britax Roundabout. Because he's getting too tall we're switching him to a Marathon this weekend. My question is, do clothes count toward weight restrictions? Let's say he gains a pound or two this month. If he's 35 lbs with clothes on will I have to flip him forward?

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere. I couldn't find it.

Does he still have an inch of shell above his head in the Roundabout?

Also, if you've had that RA for more than a year, it's got a 33 lb rearfacing limit, not 35.

U

Unregistered

Yes, he still does have an inch, but since we have a 6 month old as well we bought the Marathon so we can move the 6 month old to the roundabout and the 2yo to the marathon and have him rear face for a while longer. We're installing the Marathon this weekend and the RF limit on the Marathon is 35.

I just wasn't sure if shoes etc. were included. We don't have a scale at home so it's hard for me to gauge what boots/sweaters/etc. weigh. At least with the Marathon we've got a 5lb window. I'd like him to RF for as long as possible but I don't want to stretch the weight limits.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Shoes, clothes AND full belly and/or diaper. Basically any drop of weight on him that may need to be restrained by the harness.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC