Can you change the adjuster strap?

Blondie87

I am trying to switch my tan straps on one seat for my black straps on another seat. I figured out how to change the straps and the buckle. But can you change the adjuster strap?

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Yes and No.:whistle: I have found it depends on how the end is sewn on the adjuster strap. I have had some MA straps that are flat on the end and those switch out great. Others are sewn with a fat, folded end on them and can be tricky or near impossible to switch out. Which ones do you have on yours?

Blondie87

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

I'm guessing those are the more difficult ones?

MOM25BOYS

Yeah, those are the harder ones to do, but I heard of some other mama's on here unstitching the folded seam, making it more like the new ones that are flat and removing them. After changing them they stitch them back folded again. Not sure if you want to go through all that though.:p I have gotten one out like that and replaced it with another fat one, but it was HARD!

Blondie87

Naw.. I don't wanna do all that.

Dang. I guess I'll just have to deal with the adjuster straps being different colors.. lol

MOM25BOYS

I have had to do that myself and instead of looking at the different colored adjuster strap I just tucked inside the cover opening for the strap. ;) Problem solved!:p

NannyMom

If you order a new harness adjuster strap from Britax, switching is no problem. Replacement straps are totally flat (they weren't a month ago, but now apparently they are). I had to cut my old adjuster strap to replace it (but I was replacing a frayed strap).

Blondie87

So I saw on another thread that someone flipped the adjuster strap over then got it through. I did that and they both came out super easy! It took awhile.. but I finally got the Boulevard adjuster strap back in, but I can't get the Marathon's in!! I have been trying forever and It's driving me crazy!!

emandbri

I have had to do that myself and instead of looking at the different colored adjuster strap I just tucked inside the cover opening for the strap. ;) Problem solved!:p

hee hee that is what I did too! I've also changed mine but I had new ones from a recall.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, Cody, I am watching the thread. I will be working on it after parking cars at the fire dept.

mommyto4kiddos

Senior Community Member
When i did it, you just twist it upside down to pull out the old one, you do have to lift the adjuster. When you put the old one in, put it in upside down, then you can twist it the correct way after you get it all the way through the adjuster. I wouldn't take the stitching out, but thats just me, and taking the sewing out never crossed my mind. Which reminds me I need a tan one, so if you are getting rid of a tan one, let me know.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yep, the firefighters were looking at me funny. I am still at the fire dept now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC