SO: for frontier owners who wouldn't buy again?

so why wouldn't you buy a frontier again?

• splitter plate issues

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • cost

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • install issues

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • not enough harness height

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • other

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • clicky box

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters

ginny4

why? what's your main reason? you can click more than one box in the poll. the other poll got me curious

ADS

fyrfightermomma

It just didn't feel as sturdy and well made as my other Britax seats. The armrests were flimsy, the harness thin and twisty.

I really liked the ease of adjusting the harness height and wish they'd do it on other seats, but that was pretty much all I liked

The fabric got dirty and didn't hold up well (snagged). For that price I just wasn't impressed. I am NOT a Graco person, and I would take my GN any day over the Frontier. My choice is a seat that I know installs well in almost all cars or a seat I can *hope* will install at my end point when traveling and hope SBP works and if it doesn't the seatbelt is long enough for LBP. Too much stress for me ;)
:twocents:

ETA: Oh yeah, mine was one where the straps mysteriously became unattached at the splitter plate. Didn't add much for my confidence in the seat

Last edited:

Heather98012

Well, I would buy it again, but I am very concerned with the splitter plate issue. If that was fixed (& I mean I KNEW it was fixed!), then I would buy it again in a NY minute!

I have two & am happy with them, but the splitter plate thing just has me kinda uneasy. The installs suck big time, so in a perfect world I'd love it to be easier. And while we're at it, make the seat covers out of a more durable (& machine washable!) fabric.

I know I sound like I'm anti-Frontier, & I'm not. IMHO, it's simply the best seat out there for our needs....but I'd love a few tweaks to it!

MissAllyLou

I know this sounds snobby, but I think that if it weren't a Britax seat, I'd like it more. I just expect so much more from my Britax, and the Frontier doesn't hold up to my expectations. Like the fabric on the Frontier bugs me, but the fabric on the Nautilus (mesh covers) doesn't bug me. The thin straps on my Frontier bug me, but the thin straps on the Nautilus don't bug me.

The splitter plate issue, the seat just seemed so cheapy for a 300.00 seat, Couldn't install it without 2 people with the seatbelt, the cup holders made my son mad, The cover was very cheapy.....Oh I could go on.... Hence, why I sold it...
ETA: I agree mine was one whose came undone from the splinter plate as well..... So, didn't build my confindence with the seat....I did get a new one from birtax, but still didn't trust it 100%......

I think I am turning into a graco person! I love the Graco Cargo, Graco Nautilus, Graco Turbobooster, Graco Snugride, Graco Safeseat....

The only britax I liked was the marathon..... I wasn't too impressed with the install of the regent eitherr....

emandbri

I don't have one but the thin harness straps are the main reason I haven't bought one. If it had thick straps and velcro on the harness I would one in my van right now.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I don't have one but the thin harness straps are the main reason I haven't bought one. If it had thick straps and velcro on the harness I would one in my van right now.

You can add your own velcro to the harness - they sell velcro "dots" in most craft/sewing areas of stores, and you can put a couple on the harness of the Frontier to keep the tongs from falling to the seat. You can even just use the soft velcro side and not the rough side to prevent any snagging of the cover or whatever.

emandbri

You can add your own velcro to the harness - they sell velcro "dots" in most craft/sewing areas of stores, and you can put a couple on the harness of the Frontier to keep the tongs from falling to the seat.

I know, I just figured if I'm asking for thicker straps I might as well ask for velcro too. ;) I was also a little worried that Elizabeth would take the velcro off. I don't think she would ride in it anytime soon but she the seat would be next to her. I could just see that really bugging her.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I voted other...I could have bought the Frontier, but I *CHOSE* not to...I mean I had a need for a HWH seat and wasn't opposed to the price. But after getting my hands on one, I agree with the others who said that after my other Britax seats it just felt cheap & flimsy. The armrests felt flimsy, when I removed the cover off the one I was playing with, the outer shell felt flimsy, the harness wasn't the nice thick ones I'm used to having on my seats (SS1 & older FP seats too!), I wasn't thrilled about the mesh fabric (can we say dirt magnet?) and the lack of cover choices either.

Plus, I don't see us using it as a booster with the other dedicated boosters out there, plus the ones we already own, so since I could get a Regent for half the price, and it did what I needed it to, we went with the Regent. :twocents:

carseatfreak

I have had the Frontier since May (or April...can't remember). Anyways...I liked the seat enough at first but it just did not live up to the standards of my marathon as far as quality. From the start I was not happy with the install...not happy with the flimsy arm rests and cupholders, not real happy with the head piece (sip)...not happy with the twisty straps. The more I used it and used the nautilus in dh's...the more I despised my Frontier. Latley I have had issues with getting it to tighten...it's like I just can't get it to tighten enough (I need to look into the splitter plate issue). That was the final straw for me...I felt like the nautilus was a much safer, more dependable seat (and I was sold on Britax after the marathon). Enough that I went out and bought another nautilus for my vehicle so I can quit using the Frontier! I wouldn't recommend that seat to anyone over the nautilus.

Kat_Momof3

I put clicky box since I don't own one.

But honestly, for a britax seat that costs so much, I don't think I'd ever buy one because I think that the name and the price insinuate it should be much better quality than it is.

I think that it should have top slots as high as the Regent, be solid and durable, have thick straps, plushy covers, you get my point.

Kat_Momof3

I know, I just figured if I'm asking for thicker straps I might as well ask for velcro too. ;) I was also a little worried that Elizabeth would take the velcro off. I don't think she would ride in it anytime soon but she the seat would be next to her. I could just see that really bugging her.

well, no worries on the velcro... the glue on the back is something else... because once it's on, GOOD LUCK even trying to get it off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC