Charter Bus

teacher01

In April, I am taking my students on a trip to Winter Park, CO. We are flying into Denver and then taking a charter bus the last 60 miles. My son, who will have just turned 4 will be with me. Right now he is about 33 lbs and 38 inches tall. Would you be comfortable with him on the charter bus? There are not seatbelts, so I can't buckle his DC in, although I will be taking it on the plane.

ADS

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I went to Winter Park on the way to a camp in Colorado when I was in high school.

About your question, I don't know what I would do. I probably would take him with me on the bus. Buses get in far less crashes statistically than cars. I would worry like crazy the whole time and if there were any other option I would take it. Is you dh going as well? Could he rent a car to bring the carseat along?

teacher01

My DH is going, the thing I worry about there is that we are from Texas, so we never drive on the ice or snow. I wonder if he would be in more danger with one of us driving on ice and snow with him in a rental car in a car seat than he would with a bus driver that was used to it. Does that make sense???

Evolily

Generally buses are safer than cars, even without safety restraints. Buses would be safER with proper restraints though. But they generally are safe. The most important thing is making sure your child stays seated.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
My DH is going, the thing I worry about there is that we are from Texas, so we never drive on the ice or snow. I wonder if he would be in more danger with one of us driving on ice and snow with him in a rental car in a car seat than he would with a bus driver that was used to it. Does that make sense???

That is a very good point. In that case, yes I'd keep your ds with you on the bus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC