Which convertible has the lowest slots?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't have the exact measurements, but I know the Radian and Scenera have very low bottom slots. I believe the Titan does, too. I have no idea which is lowest.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Scenera is about 7.5". The Radian80 and the Avenue are both about 9", but with the infant padding seem to fit similarly to the Scenera.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Evenflos are usually really super low. I wonder if (Carseat Data website closed - link broken) is useful at all anymore :confused:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Scenera fits newborns very well, and I think the Titan is slightly lower. The True Fit is low, but I don't know the exact measurement. I'm sure it's floating around here somewhere.

BabyKaykes

My old ComfortSport bottom slots measured 6".

Bottom slots on the TF are low, but only if used with the padding, I think. Same for the EFTA.

mom2juliarose

The Maxi Cosi Priori also has VERY low bottom slots. I remember seeing them and thinking a preemie could even have them "at or below"...

christineka

The Evenflo Tribute has low bottom slots. They have redesigned it so now it has 4 harness slots instead of just 3. It also has infant padding. I saw one in person today and and it actually seemed pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Tribu...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1227217540&sr=1-3

You know, I emailed evenflo asking when the new seat with 4 slots would be out and the lady said she was not aware of any changes. I wish I had that tribute instead of the old one with the brown checked cover on it. I can't see actually buying the seat with such a low rfing limit though. Hopefully I'll have a boy and won't have any great desire for a cute, pink seat. (Baby is going to be in the tribute.)

HEVY

Thanks for the replies. I think my DD has to use an infant seat, anything wrong with the discovery? I think I used that with Rachel. My thinking, of course is to spend as little money as possible so when I do get the convertible it will be an EH one. I don't think I could use the Scenera for an infant, I was looking at it yesterday and it really bugged me. I did finally see an Avenue but the slots are too high. I was looking at the pics of the Priori and they look high too, wasn't fond of that seat, seemed too hard. But I will look again when i go to the store. My DD is not paying attention to how difficult it is to properly harness an infant in a convertible, as opposed to doing it in the home.

Brycen'sMommy

You know, I emailed evenflo asking when the new seat with 4 slots would be out and the lady said she was not aware of any changes. I wish I had that tribute instead of the old one with the brown checked cover on it. I can't see actually buying the seat with such a low rfing limit though. Hopefully I'll have a boy and won't have any great desire for a cute, pink seat. (Baby is going to be in the tribute.)

I actually thought the RF limit had changed to 35 lbs but I just looked it up and you're right. So it's probably not the best option. I wonder why it stayed at 30 lbs when all the other Evenflo seats changed to 35 lbs? :confused:

mom2juliarose

If you search for MC Priori on here there is a thread that links to a message on BabyCenter which shows the bottom slot being measured at 6". But its shell is shorter than the Scenera and is more $$ (I think it's like $199) so it doesn't seem worth it.

BabyKaykes

I didn't used to think that the Evenflo buckets were bad, especially when used correctly, but after evenflo's last 'fix' I don't trust them. I'd get the basic $80 SnugRide over an Evenflo any day.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not a fan of the Discovery, in part because it needs 1.5 inches (or is it just 1?) of clearance between the handle (which must be down) and the front seat, and in part because of the ridiculous way Evenflo handled the recall. If she uses that seat, make SURE it's a new one.

The Priori does have very low slots, but it won't last as long as some of your other options.

Why not the TrueFit?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd keep an eye on the Swap board for an infant seat if it were me... unless she already HAS an Evenflo infant seat? I wouldn't spend any money on one, personally.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC