Nautilus and frontier owners would you buy the seat again?....

Would you buy the seat again?

• I have a nuatilus and I would buy it again.

Votes: 47 60.3%
  • I have a nautilus and I would not buy it again.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have a frontier and I would buy it again.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I have a frontier and I would not buy it again.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • clicky box.

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

emandbri

We have a lot of people asking which they should buy and this might help and as I've posted before I'm trying to decide myself!

In case someone has bought a nautilus and a frontier you can vote more than once.

Last edited:
ADS

Blondie87

I have a Nautilus and I :love: it so much! I love the way it looks, installs, buckles, the way kids fit.. everything! :) I would definately buy it again!

ETA- I've used it for a 1, 2, 3 and 6 year old and it fit them all perfectly.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have the Frontier and would still want one, if I didn't have it. I do still need to call them about the splitter plate issues though.

MustangMama

I wish I would have bought mine sooner and gotten more use out of it. I just bought it a couple weeks ago for my 5 year old. That's okay though because she is so SMALL she will be sitting in it until she can drive. LOL. It fits her really well. She even told me "I feel safe".

ginny4

since i bought & tried the nauti but returned it i voted. it wasn't the "right" seat for my broad shouldered kids. tho i think its a good buy for def alot of kids just not mine. i'd liek to get a frontier but at the time it wasn't out then. i tested atthe store only & i'd buy it. it fit my bigger kids in booster mode pretty well.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
After battling with my FR a couple of times, the install is getting easier...we really do like it, and I have a feeling I'll get another one for the van when Leah has to FF in there....

PS, I'm a sucker for extra safety features...I love the Rip Stitch tether...

Citrine

I have had the Nautilus since June 08 and I do not like it. I fell in love with it online and at the store. But when I put it in my car and my husbands car, I for the life of me could not get less then 1in of movement at the belt path using LATCH or seatbelt. I took it to a car seat check and they showed me a trick to get it tighter using seat belt. My daughters main seat is a regant. She only rides in the GN 2x a week to preschool. I can get a rock solid install using LATCH cloth seats dodge caravan 2004, but not a rock solid install with leather seats in my 06 Pilot or 04 passat. My daughter loves the GN bc of the cup holder and she can undo the chest clip. I dont feel I wasted money on buying it. She will use it as a HBB when she out grows the Regant. She has 2 harness slots left on the Regant, so she has a while. I still recomend it because it is a good seat for the price.

Olivia 4.26.04 37lb 44in Regant/GN
Makayla 9.16.06 27lb 30in RF Wizard

BabyKaykes

Love my GN! I'd get another! Granndmother is getting one for her car tomorrow! I also want a Frontier, but I don't really need it.

greenmansions

We have had a Nautilus for several weeks now and we are very happy with it. We use it in carseat mode with LATCH right now, so I can't speak to how it is as a booster.

It was a good price. I was struggling with buying another Britax seat b/c my DH is going to lose his job soon (company relocating and we don't want to go). My 4 yo DS also really loves the cupholder and the little storage slots on the side.

My only complaint is the boring fabrics.

I will be getting another eventually.

fyrfightermomma

I've owned both.

Nautilus I would buy again

Frontier I had and sold it and would not buy it again unless they really changed the design.

scoutingbear

I have 4 (!) GN's for 2 kids...who also have different seats in the primary vehicle. :whistle: So, yeah, I would buy it again...now, if they can just come out with a fun cover for boys...

Heather98012

I have the Frontier and would still want one, if I didn't have it. I do still need to call them about the splitter plate issues though.

Me too. I keep waiting hoping there will be some "official" resolution, but I suppose I should just call & see what happens.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have a Nautilus and I would definitely buy it again. :)

I just wish it came in better cover options. :(

MustangMama

Amen....better covers would be great. Although........having a neutral cover makes it easier to sell if you wanted too.......

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
we love oru nautri..to be honest, i love the floor model frontier too, lol, but finanaically...it was a nauti for us!

U

Unregistered

We have lot so people asking which they should buy and this might help and as I've posted before I'm trying to decide myself!

In case someone has bought a nautilus and a frontier you can vote more than once.

I originally bought the frontier for my 7yo who still fits in the harness but is almost outgrowing it. I had planned for her to use it as a booster but shes getting my 9yos monarch and my 9yo is getting my 11yos monterey. Anyway, the SIP is great but I have found some trouble in torso room. Its a good seat that I will be handing down to my 5yo soon!

steph

I bought a Nautilus for Grandma's car a like it, I would buy it again. However if it was Ryan's main car (i.e. my car or his Dad's car) I would have bought the Frontier but for cost wise and secondary seat it was the Nautilus!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC