How does the TrueFit compare to the Marathon by height for RFing?

oursonend

I'm wondering how the TrueFit compares to the MA by height for RFing.

I'm looking for a good ERFing seat for my DS, who is tall and skinny (at least for now, who knows what will happen? lol) I anticipate that height will be an issue more than weight, at least judging by his sister, so I'm researching seats with tall seat backs.

Also the Radian won't fit RFing because of the recline, so I'm looking at things with seat backs shorter than the Radian, but taller than the SS1 which is what he currently is in.

TIA for any input!

ETA I forgot to say I'm Canadian so that will affect my weight limits. I'm aware of the RF weight limits already though (TrueFit 35 lbs everything else 30lbs) so I really am just wondering about how people found the height of the seat. Thanks!

ADS

shauburg

The TF definitely has a taller shell than the MA for RF.

See this thread for pics:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=47341 (Note: side-by-side on the floor they look about the same height, but the TF has no base, so the bum to top of shell distance is much greater on the TF).

The TF also does not have a numerical RF height limit (just the head must be 1" from top of shell rule). The Cdn MA has a 32" RF height limit/guideline (depending how you interpret it), so many parents are more comfortable RF a taller child for longer in the TF.

ETA: the seat back on the TF is actually taller than the Radian, but the way it installs in most vehicles, means it will fit better RF than a Radian. See my pics in this thead for what I mean - http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=47714

oursonend

Thank you for the helpful links!

Unfortunately, after looking at the pics I'm quite certain that it won't puzzle into my car width-wise.

It has some really great features though! I'm impressed! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC