What age/height/weight did your LO outgrow RFing in a Roundabout?

oursonend

I'm trying to figure out if a Roundabout would be a good option for me as a transitional seat for DS. We have space issues so I've been considering it over a Marathon for that reason, but I'm thinking now that if he's almost outgrowing an SS1 by height that there might not be a lot of room in the Roundabout for RFing beyond what he has in the SS1.

DS is 16 mos old and 23-24 lbs. I haven't measured his height recently, but he is a tall lanky kid much like my tall DD, and he currently has just over an inch above his head in the SS1.

Sooo...

What age/height/weight were your LOs when they got to big to RF in the Roundabout?

Did you move on to another RFing seat then (which one? why?), or did you turn FFing?

FWIW seats with raised bases will probably puzzle together better in the 3-across situation I'm working with, Radian - TBD seat for DS - booster

FFing is not an issue, I have a Radian for him to FF in when the time comes and this seat will likely be passed on to future LOs to ERF in.

Thanks!

ADS

oursonend

Hmmmm interesting.

And your DD is almost identical to mine by size... mine is 08.02.2005, 30 lbs and 39". :) ETA Ha! And my DD also shares a name with a country. ;)

crunchierthanthou

my small for his age ds was just over 2 years when he outgrew it by height- he was probably 22-23 lbs at the time.

I loved it for everything except how soon it was outgrown. although, if it was any bigger I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. :p

emandbri

Daniel was in a roundabout and had an inch of seat above his head at 15 months and 22 lbs. This was in 2000.

essnce629

My son outgrew his RA by weight. He was 2 1/2 years old and 33lbs. I don't remember how tall he was. He went forward-facing in a FPSVD and a BV soon after.

Synchro246

My most recent outgrew it RF at 14 months. I think he's long torso'd though. ETA--he was about 30lbs and probably 32 inches in height total.
My older outgrew it somewhere around 18 months.

MomToEliEm

DD#1 was 20 months (outgrew by height). I have no clue how tall or how heavy she was at the time though.

DD#2 was 22 months (outgrew by height). Again, I don't know how tall or heavy she was.

Wife&MomX3

My DD was about 22 mons/34.5 or 35"/ 27lbs when she got w/in and inch of the top in her RA. I moved her to our spare Scenera so she could still RF, which she still is, at the stats listed in my siggy. DH wanted to just turn her FF (which he did w/o my consent:rolleyes:) but I installed the Scenera RF w/in a few days once I got the seat spare back from my parents. We're probably gettin a Nautilus when she outgrows the Scenera, since we cant afford another Regent (which is wut ds rides in and I love it!).

cryswilkins

Isn't the SS1 and the RA pretty comparable for seat back height? I thought that it was a pretty safe bet that if they have outgrew the SS1 by height then the RA was outgrown as well.

My DD outgrew her RA by height at about 16 or 17 months she was about 35-36 inches.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Isn't the SS1 and the RA pretty comparable for seat back height? I thought that it was a pretty safe bet that if they have outgrew the SS1 by height then the RA was outgrown as well.

Nope, but close...the RA is one inch taller :) (took Leah 8 months to gain that torso inch... but she's pretty leggy!)

:)

oursonend

Thank you all for your helpful info.

I think it's pretty clear now that DS wouldn't have much time in a RA and I'll be better off considering a Marathon. The compact size of the RA appeals to me, but I wouldn't want to buy one and have him outgrow it by height in just a few months.

Thanks for all your input!!

erinnicolevan

I just switched my youngest from a RF Roundabout to a RF Marathon last week. I don't know her height, but it seemed like she didn't have an inch of shell left. She is 22 months old and is 22 pounds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC