Odyssey fits 7 kids...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
We've had 8 passengers in our 2006 Odyssey before, but until today I've never had 7 kids in child restraints with me. A friend was supposed to watch DS while I took the baby to pick up 5 girls from a Brownies camp. Unfortunately, they weren't home yet so we improvised...

The third row in the Odyssey is pretty narrrow, so it's a tight fit unless you have three narrow restraints. The Nania backless booster I had in the middle is relatively narrow and has nice slots on the side allowing hands to get at the buckles, so that helped. The Safeguard Go is pretty average for width but no seatbelt buckling was necessary since it was in harness mode. One of the girls had her own booster. Unfortunately, it was a Cosco backless that was wider than average so they all just barely fit 3-across. I had to help the girls get buckled but everyone fit OK with a shoulder belt and head restraint.

DS#2 was in his rear-facing Wizard in the second row. I have a very narrow Britax backless Starriser booster to fit in the PlusOne middle seat and my son sat in the Jane Indy Plus high back booster on the other side. Buckling the two boosters was also tight for the hands but they managed.

DD had to sit up front in the passenger seat. Not ideal, but it there was no choice. I put the Britax Laptop in back and that saved me a trip back home when the friend wasn't there to watch my son. DD fits well in the Laptop and, as advertised, the automatic airbag sensor turned off the passenger airbags and the "OFF" indicator on the dash was lit. Very nice!

Anyway, it's not as nice as the 8-passenger Sienna which has a bigger 2nd row center seat and a slightly wider 3rd row bench, but it works in a pinch!

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Congrats! I can fit 7 seats in my Suburban if I ever needed to also. I usually have anywhere from 2-6 seats installed depending on my daycare needs. But mine are harnessed seats! I do have a couple of boosters, but those rarely come into play as most my kids are younger and require being harnessed.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Very nice. I haven't ever attempted 3 across the 3rd row of my Pilot, but considering what a squeeze 2 across is, I can't imagine a combination that would actually work.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The sad part was that in two of the five carpool minivans, the girl in the center of the third row had no shoulder belt or headrest:-( After all it took to organize the carpool, I wasn't going to make a fuss but I will think again before sending the kids in a big carpool next time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC