Anyone Know if These Will Fit?

Naomi's-Momma

I'm about to order a Safeseat or a Baby Trend Flex-Loc. which do you thank would fit with my other seats?.

a lot of the time I'll only have Abby(the baby I'm buying the seat for) and Clayton(age 5) but sometimes I'll have one of the other kids. Mainly Beth(age 10) or Kaylee(14 mos).

I'm thanking the Safeseat will be to big to fit and I don't have a Babies r us to try it out.

at the moment I'm driving a Chevy Tahoe. my car died last week. I can't remember the year right now. sorry. but it doesn't have latch, I don't thank:eek:. I just got it today and I won't have it long but probably all winter.

Here are seats I have. I can't buy any others until this spring.

Cosco Scenera
Graco Comfort Sport
Two Cosco Backless Boosters
Two Graco High Back Turbo Boosters

Clayton rides in a HB Turbo. Beth rides in a backless Cosco. and Kaylee rides in mostly the Comfort Sport but she's about to outgrow it RFing.

sorry this is so long.

Thanks.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Flex-Loc is REALLY narrow. I measured it at 16 inches at the widest point, 14 inches across most of the front of it, and 12.5 at the narrowest point. Assuming there are no problems with it in your car, I think it would be great for 3 across; the trade-off is it will not last near as long as a SS1 would; it will probably be outgrown close to the same time as a SnugRide or Evenflo or other standard baby seat-- as early as 3 or 4 months for tall kids, almost always by 9 or 10 months (unless you have really small kids!)

abacus2

You're driving a Tahoe? Since your list doesn't consist entirely of Regents, I think you'll be fine. Really all the seats you currently have a relatively narrow and neither of the infant seats you're considering are wider than an average seat.

Naomi's-Momma

Thanks! Clayton was a pretty small baby. he didn't weigh 20lbs until 13 months. He's Abby's Brother so that's why I'm going on him.

I thank I should go with the flex-loc. if Beth didn't need a booster still this would a little easier but she just doesn't fit without one.

finn

We had a flex lock and loved it, ds didn't grow out of it until he was 6 months old & he is in the 75th% for height.

Pixels

I have the flex loc and lovelovelove it. DD is 6 months, 24.75" 14# 3 oz, with longer torso and short legs (and arms). She is only on the second harness adjustment (out of 8). Since the back of the seat goes up with the harness, there is tons of growing room left. We got the one with a knob in back to adjust the harness height, so just twist, and done. I understand that there is a traditional one with slots but haven't seen it. She has gotten heavy enough that I'm not comfortable carrying her in her seat up and down the stairs (33 of them between my door and car, ugh!) but I do still carry her on flat surfaces and DH carries her everywhere. The seat is a breeze to install, both the base, with and without Latch, and the seat without the base. The harness adjuster works well (though I often do pull down on the splitter plate in back because I like the harness really snug). The straps have twisted a few times but it is easy enough to twist back. Probably one of the best features for parent comfort is the triangle handle. It lets you have your wrist at the proper ergonomic angle. Also if your wrist gets tired in one position, you have more to switch to. We also discovered that it makes it easy to hand from one person to another because there is always part of the handle free.

Naomi's-Momma

Thanks again.
I really wanted that Safeseat but I don't thank I can fit it in.
as soon as winter is over I'm getting a Minivan. so then I can get what seats I want.

lillpistol

I am not sure what configuration you are planning on using, but you should be able to fit the SS1. We have a 2001 Tahoe (no latch), and are able to fit 3 FPSVD across the 2nd row. 1 RF and 2 FF. And they aren't small seats. We can only fit 2 in the 3rd ROW.

I plan on having 2 FPSVD's and 1 Snugride in the 2nd row when #3 is born early next year. Maybe I should try it soon.

Becki

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC