Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Cool Fitting three carseats into a 2005 Jeep Liberty

I need some help. My dd just turned 2 and weighs 24lbs, I also have 10 month old twins who are about 20lbs each and rapidly out growing their infant seats. Buying a new car just isn't an option right now and I'm having a hard time finding a car seat combination that works. I currently have my dd in a Britax Roundabout and the twins in Graco infant seats. I'm expecting to buy new seats for all three, I just can't figure out which seats work. I'm planning to have the twins in rf seats for at least another 8 months. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Fitting three carseats into a 2005 Jeep Liberty

Is your 2 yr old RFing as well?

A Radian will fit RFing only in the center seat. It is too "long" to fit behind a normal person in an outboard seat. It works great with LATCH in the outboard seats when it's FFing (future consideration.)

I would try doing RFing Marathon (or other Britax seat) RFing Radian, then RFing Roundabout. I'm sure it would work with 2 MA/Blvd sized seat and the Radian, but I'd give the RA a try before getting three new seats.

9 yr old in a pink zebra NBB and 5-stepping
    6 yr DS1 old in a Harmony
    4 yr old DS2 in a Nautilus and Radian
    18 mo DS3 rfing in a MyRide65

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Is your 2 yr old RFing as well?
    No, I switched her to ff a while back.

Depending on DOM on the RA I may suggest selling it and buying 2 Marathons and a Radian. Placing all three children rearfacing . Because the Radian is narrow but long like pp said it would go in the center and because the Marathons sit up on a base they fit really nicely next to the low Radian when facing the same direction yet another reason they should all be rearfacing.

Albee has Marthons on sale for $210 (Aqua & Plum are cute) so you could get those and has the Granite Radian 65 for $200

If you choose to keep the 2 year old forward facing I might suggest Frontier outboard/ Radian rearfacing center for taller twin and roundabout (if it makes more sense to keep it) or Marathon (since their on sale and could take the twins much longer rearfacing)

Just my Good Luck I hope you all fall in love with your new carseat arrangement.

Mommy to my 1st*princess*Born@Home7/23/2010 in a S1st OBA35
    Grateful Godmommy to my loves :DGS1-07/26/01,DGD1-12/02/05,DGD2-06/01/07,DGS2-11/21/08,DGS3 09/10/09

Senior Community Member MustangMama's Avatar

I second the Radian