Recaro Signo in a '99 VW Passat and more *pics*

skylinphoto

This'll be a little pic heavy..

I got my Recaro Signo today! The date of manufacture is 9/2008! Woohoo!
The seat is for my still RFing 30 month old son, Aislin.

I tried both of my kids in it while it was still inside the house.

Kids stats:
30 month old son, Aislin- 25lbs 34 in tall and 13-13.5 in torso
8 month old daughter, Skyla-15lbs 26 in tall and 11 in torso

Both fit well in the seat. Skyla fit well with the padding but, not without it.

Here are pictures of the kids in the seats.
First, 8 month old Skyla (i took the shoulder pads off for her because I was unable to get good fit with them..because she's tiny, i guess):

3041736921_4b6a0fa857_o.jpg

Good headroom:
3042580760_2f965966e3_o.jpg

3041737069_841404446a_o.jpg

Long crotch strap digs into her belly a little:
3041737001_0c19b0e08a_o.jpg

And here's 30 month old Aislin trying out his new seat:

With the padding (he liked it best this way):
3041737425_5e6a7f37ba_o.jpg

Without the padding:
3042580872_50a8c789a6_o.jpg

Installed in my '99 VW Passat sedan (using seatbelt):
3042581052_f0e0607e7e_o.jpg

Legroom when installed (despite the look on his face, he loved having LESS legroom for whatever reason...hmmm) :

3041737871_ca6486c233_o.jpg

Hope this helps someone! :)

ADS

fyrfightermomma

That's so strange! You are sure it is 9/08?

I have an email from Recaro from that time period stating none were being manufactured in 2008. They wanted to clear out older stock. And this was written DURING that time period. It's odd she would say they are not making them if they were making them, KWIM?

Here it is: It's dated Sept 15, 2008

At this time we have no seats manufactured in 2008. During our initial production of seats we had manufactured an over abundance. Once product is near depletion, manufacturing of new seats will begin. I'm sorry I do not have any better information for you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Gayle Anderson
Customer Service Associate
RECARO North America Child Seat Division

I'm super confused. Either they dated your seat wrong, or this customer service rep (who is the only one who has EVER emailed me back) had no clue what she is talking about.

Last edited:

BW1426

I was thinking the same thing, but someone else recently posted that they had a seat with an '08 production date. Hmmm....

That's so strange! You are sure it is 9/08?

I have an email from Recaro from that time period stating none were being manufactured in 2008. They wanted to clear out older stock. And this was written DURING that time period. It's odd she would say they are not making them if they were making them, KWIM?

Here it is: It's dated Sept 15, 2008
Joanne,

At this time we have no seats manufactured in 2008. During our initial production of seats we had manufactured an over abundance. Once product is near depletion, manufacturing of new seats will begin. I'm sorry I do not have any better information for you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Gayle Anderson
Customer Service Associate
RECARO North America Child Seat Division

I'm super confused. Either they dated your seat wrong, or this customer service rep (who is the only one who has EVER emailed me back) had no clue what she is talking about.

fyrfightermomma

I was thinking the same thing, but someone else recently posted that they had a seat with an '08 production date. Hmmm....

I'll be super mad if it's true they made some in 08. I specifically asked because I did NOT want an early 07 and emailed asking where in the world I could get an 08. For that price I wanted the full 6 years.

That email was my response so I sucked it up and paid full price for an early 07 (I later returned it)

I kept looking and never found one so I bought a used one here. Knowing I COULD have gotten an 08 for what I paid for the 07 (full price) makes me mad. How could you NOT know your company was making seats? It's one thing to say "we didn't make any in August" and get confused with the wrong month, but she specifically stated clearly that none were made that whole year.....

Grrrrrrr...sorry I am PMSing and not happy

skylinphoto

Yeah. I ordered it from hipmonkey.com and they said it was out of stock and would ship 2 weeks from the date i ordered it.
i thought about cancelling my order..but then decided to ask what the date on the ones they were getting in would be. (she said they were getting a new shipment in).
She said they would be 2008.
Sure enough my seat says it was made 9/2008!!

(and i only paid $229 for it!) i was also worried about paying full price for a year old seat...so, I went with hipmonkey cause they were only $229..i just got lucky i guess.

:)

((if you want a pic of the sticker..i'll take a pic for you! ))

fyrfightermomma

Alright, now that I completely hijacked OP's thread....I apologize

So to the OP, Congrats! Isn't it an awesome seat??

I so :love: mine :)

(but still wish it was an 08!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC