Recaro Young Sport vs. Recaro Young Style

ccjones

I was at my sister's house over the weekend for a BBQ, and she mentioned that my niece was getting close to the 40lb weight limit on her Safety 1st Intera and that she was going to have to switch to booster-mode soon (they had an AO but replaced it with an Intera after a minor car accident *groan*). Since my sister is pretty cheap, I mentioned to my brother-in-law (who is a BIG NASCAR fan) that Recaro makes combination harnessed/booster seats. I guess he did some searching because he emailed me and asked me what I thought about the Recaro Young Style booster seat. This leads me to believe he is considering buying the RYStyle for my niece, which I think is a HUGE improvement over using the Intera as a booster. But I've never read anything about the RYStyle on here, only the RYSport. Since my niece is just shy of 40lbs anyway, I feel it's probably a wise choice to save $100 and just get the booster-only RYStyle. Any suggestions?

Colleen

ADS

Splash

I personally think the sport makes a better booster than the style actually. It's a shame they changes the boosters so much, versus just omitting the harness in one.
If she is 39 pounds, I'd probably save myself the hundred bucks (since i am sure you tried to convince him to harness her longer and he refused). However if she was 35 pounds, I would spend the money for the other one.
Either way, they're both good boosters. Though honestly the Intera is a decent booster as well.

ccjones

Yeah, she's 38/39 pounds and will be six in October. I mentioned that Britax made a seat that harnessed to 80lbs, but I got the impression from his email that he likes the idea of having her in a Recaro (probably because he thinks it's cool LOL) and he mentioned he liked the SIP wings. After they buy the Recaro ;) , I will tell them that the Intera makes for a decent booster, and maybe they can use that in their secondary vehicle, instead of ditching it entirely. I think they're under the impression that the Intera makes for a bad booster because the AO they used to have was a horrible booster.

Colleen

scatterbunny

I like the Parkway much better than the Young Style, personally. The YS is harder to buckle. I agree with Splash--I wish Recaro had just stripped the harness off the Young Sport and made it the Style.

Ahzryn

Don't forget about the Recaro Start, great SIP, built in seakers, adjusts in tons of directions, definitely a cool factor for the dads. The only trick is finding one for an acceptable price.

Several auto parts dealers seem to be clearancing last year's fabric choices on E-Bay nib. Since the Start doesn't expire, this may be a valid option.

Tam
CPST

Splash

I saw a Start for $179 just a few weeks ago. I almost bought it! FOr my still rear facing 10 months old... but WOW what a price! But I really don't like the seat, so, um, it would have been dumb.

If I ever get my brain back together to remember it, I'll post where it was.

RGG

why don't the Recaro Starts expire? Have they made any changes to them in the past few years, other than colors?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I personally like the Recaro seats...! I think if I were in need of a full time booster, I'd get one over the other choices available. :)

southpawboston

why don't the Recaro Starts expire? Have they made any changes to them in the past few years, other than colors?

for one, they don't have an internal harness to worry about, and second, the frame of the start is steel, not plastic. steel doesn't degrade and become brittle over time like plastic.

Morganthe

If they can wait a couple of months, they might be willing to try out the New Recaro harnessed seat that's supposed to emerge in May. I think someone said its supposed to harness to 75lbs?

Daddy might go for the "New sleek Recaro that no one else in his neighborhood has" train of thought ;)

just a thought :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC