Scenera

4BabyUnit

Needed a more affordable car seat for erf in my husband's truck. Dd rarely rides in his truck, so I thought something less fancy would be fine. Though dd surely seems to like sitting in it (even though it's just in our living room right now), it seems awfully flexible and flimsy. I know a LOT of people like these seats, so I'm sure it's fine, but someone please feel free to chime in and reassure me that this is a safe seat if installed correctly.

ADS

Stretchy Glue

All seats that are used correctly are safe, some just have extra safety features. There is nothing wrong with this seat, and many, MANY people here have used them for their own children. It's hard to be a 35 lb rf seat, and for a while, this was among only a few seats that allowed rf that long.

Andie

I have one of these seats. While it does seem flimsy compared to some of the other seats, it is perfectly safe. They all have to pass the same standards to be sold in the US.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Keep in mind that the "flimsy" shell isn't the primary protection in any carseat. It's the harness that provides the vast majority of the protection - the shell provides a bit of protection for the head, but mostly it's the harness that counts the most.

So, as long as the shell is sturdy enough to hold the harness (and therefore the child) in a crash, it's enough. (And we know it's sturdy enough because it's been crash-tested to meet required standards for such.)

scatterbunny

If your Scenera is brand-new, never-used, and you want to return it to consider another seat, the Safety 1st Uptown or Safety 1st Avenue are great budget seats. They're about twice the price of a Scenera (a little less if you can find a good sale), but they have energy-absorbing foam, feel a little more sturdy, have better padding, nicer covers and taller top harness slots and a taller seat shell (so it will last longer, heightwise).

I agree with the previous posters, though, I'd put my kid in a Scenera as a spare. :) I'd choose an Avenue or Uptown if possible, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC