Problem with Snugride straps

Longhorn Lady

Okay, does anyone else have this problem?

I watch a 4.5 month old that is in a SR and using the bottom slots. She is about .5 of an inch below the top slots but no matter how tight I pull the straps, they are having a hard time staying on her shoulders because of how far below her shoulders the bottom slot is.

And its not like I can move her to the top slots because that .5 inches is BEFORE she does that famous baby slump down into her seat :p

I'm thinking about moving her to my MA because I think the bottom slots will be RIGHT at her shoulders and at least I'll know they are tight and not slipping off.

Any other ideas?

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I would think a 4.5 month old would be more comfortable in the Marathon, so that's probably what I would do. The issue you described isn't uncommon. I *think* I've read that someone else who was having the same problem was advised by Graco that it was OK to move up to the next set of slots, but I would definitely want to confirm that with Graco before doing it myself.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I moved Evan's slots up on his Scenera when we were using that b/c we were having the same problem. He obviously has more room in that though than an infant seat. It's hard to know what to do IMO w/out really seeing it. If you are ready for her to move to a convertible, there's no reason not to do it. I like my infant seats though till baby is sitting up well, lol. Is she moving forward at all towards, the crotch strap? Probably not at 4.5 mos old, but they are pretty far away sometimes.

Longhorn Lady

Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone. I ended up moving her to the MA yesterday and she fits GREAT :) And she slept the entire time she was in there with her sweet little head laying against the side, so I considered it a success. I think I'll still keep the SR if I need to go in a restaurant and the like, but I'll use the MA for normal everyday use.

Thanks!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
If he's in a 5 point harness, I wouldn't worry about the shoulder straps being above his shoulders---since the hip straps will be holding him down. If he was in a 3 point...then I would want them below.

Hope this makes you feel better.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC