? for the cloth diapering moms

Michi

Can anyone recommend some good cloth training pants?

My DD never had problems with disposables until we switched to pull-ups.
Ever since we switched her bottom has been one big rash.
She has even had to go on anti-biotics several times, because the rash gets infected (the Dr. says it looks like a Staph rash).
The antibiotics 'cure it' but within a week she is all broke out again, and the cycle starts all over again.

I need something she can wear during the day and at night. ( She's 36 lbs - if that helps)

Thanks,
Michi

ADS

Dillipop

We just use the Gerber cloth trainers during the day. Absorbent enough that if DS has an accident it doesn't run down his legs. Not absorbent enough for nighttime. We use pullups at night, but I have seen beginner trainers by gerber that pull on like underwear, have a vinyl (or such) outer layer and absorbent inner layer. Might work for the night. We used disposables with DS and will be using cloth with DS2 when he arrives at the end of July, so no ideas of what is available for older kids who are training. I'm having a hard enough time figuring out what I want to do with the infant sizes!

menfusse

Bumkins and bummis make pull on trainers/overnight pants. They are supposed to be very absorbant. Pull ups brand (huggies) did the same thing to my bedwetter. She was fine with Pamper's easy ups though. But she has outgrown those now at almost 5 and needs something bigger. We tried the good nites...also by huggies, and got the same rashy results. Must be something in the huggies. If you have already tried pamper's brand, look at the bumkins and bummis. I have ended up just using a prefold and a wrap on my 5 year old at night, but if she was younger and needed somthing during the day too, I would go for the pull on pants.

skaterbabs

We're waiting on ours, but Joyjoy is one of the testers for Sweetiebums trainers. If they're as great as her diapers, then I'll be in love. ;)

Michi

Thanks guys!
I'll have to check them all out.
Skaterbabs...(Let me know how you like the Sweetiebums!)

LEAW

If you want something local, I prefer JCPenney brand over the Gerber. Fit much better, are softer, come in cute prints, same cost.

If you are willing to spend more $ per pair, there are soem FAB pants out there that have been designed by moms who are practicing EC with their babies. Both WP (waterproof) and NWP (not waterproof) that are trim, with different levels of absorbancy.

Some good ones to look at
http://www.theecstore.com/index.php...68_160&zenid=ff80b2269a8449f350664842988a87a9
http://www.nooneewilga.com/EC/onewetpants.html
http://wonderbabydesigns.com/

skaterbabs

Will do! The WAHM that makes them is a military wife and she just got back from Germany. Because of the rules about home businesses she oculdn't continue to sell diapers from base, but I have some of her dipes from before the deployment and I love them. I have no doubt I'll be pleased with the trainers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC