Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

has anyone used a radian 65 RF in a toyota echo or similar?

i'm thinking of buying one of these but want to see if anyone has had problems with this installation. my car does have LATCH but not for the middle seat, so if we install in the middle we need to use a belt installation.

DD is 18 months, and we want to keep her RF so we are replacing her britax diplomat, which she is about to outgrow RF

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: has anyone used a radian 65 RF in a toyota echo or similar?

I'm not sure how the toyota echo compares to the camry size wise, but we have a 2007 camry and we can fit our Radian 65 RF in the center position only, it's too tall to RF in either outboard position.
    We don't have center latch either, but I've always gotten a rock solid install with the seatbelt.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Mine fits great RF in the middle using the seat belt of my Civic which has a backseat that's probably pretty comparable to an Echo. It's too tall to be outboard but we're really tall and need to have our front seats all the way back.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

We can't RF our Radian in the middle of our Corolla, if we do it pushes BOTH seats forward. We install behind the passenger and that way it only pushes one seat... So if you try it let us know how it fits between the seats!
    Last edited by ketchupqueen; 11-19-2008 at 08:12 PM.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

We rented a 2008 Camry and DD1's Radian fit great RF behind the passenger. I didn't have to move it up at all
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)