Would you trade MA for TF?

Nisha

Should I trade my All Star Marathon for a True Fit so DS is more comfy RF even though the RF adjuster is a pain?

What do you think?!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It depends. Is he acting like he's uncomfortable? How important is the rf tether to you? Does your MA have a 35 lb limit? How much does he weigh now? I would consider the trade if your MA has a 33 lb limit and he's getting close.

seamonkeys

I did just that last month. I like the TF, but still not sure I should have bothered switching. But I do think it will be also nice FF because of the added shoulder room vs the MA.

Nisha

He's only 25 lbs (if that), my MA is a 33lb seat. He doesn't act uncomfortable but it's hard to buckle him in because of the angle of his legs, it messes up the side straps on the harness so we have to curl his legs up just so to get the harness right. I know DH is going to get more frusturated with it the bigger DS gets since he's not sold on the whole ERF anyway.

RF tether isn't that important to me since DS rides in a scenera in DH's car (RF).

mommycat

Unless you really don't like the MA, I probably wouldn't bother trading in a seat when the one you have works fine and will last quite a while. You could always get a new seat when he really has issues with the MA (and there may be even better options then). If you are unhappy with what you have, I would suggest trying out a TrueFit (borrow or ask to try installing at the store) so that you know if you will like it or not before you make up your mind.

diaperjoys

We just switched from our 33lb MA to a TF for our 2yo. And I did appreciate the added leg room for ease of buckling the harness. It was nice that we didn't have to do the leg curl maneuver anymore. Really nice. But the TF hasn't been without its irks. The continuous harness is a bother, as is the buried adjuster. It was worth it to purchase it, though, cause our son is now 33 lbs fully clothed, so he'd be too heavy for our older MA. As it is, he can stay rear facing all the way up to 35 lbs, and no matter how tall his torso gets, I don't see how he could possibly outgrow the seat by height rf; where I was starting to wonder how long the MA shell would keep him. I think it will make a very comfy forward facing seat for him.

theshapeshifter

I switched from a MA to a TF, but it was an easier decision for me since I'm in Canada and the MA only RF's to 30 lbs here - and my DS was closing in on 30lbs at 13 months! He's clearly more comfortable in the TF, so even aside from the obvious weight issue, I'm glad we switched. The harness adjuster is a pain, but I deal with it by just leaving it at the same tightness and taking advantage of the continuous harness to get him in and out - so that way I only need to adjust when he has a growth spurt (which, admittedly, is pretty often lately!).

cpsaddict

I wouldn't, but I love the Marathon more than any other seat I have ever used. The True Fit does have more leg room, but I love the rearfacing tether and the fact that the seat sits up higher.

BW1426

Reasons to keep MA:
Has a cute cover :eek:
Tethers RFing
Has a rippable tether for FFing

Reasons to get TF:
More leg room RFing
2 extra lbs RFing and extra shell height
Nicer FFing seat for older kiddos (doesn't sit on a base)
don't have to rethread the harness, just move it up.

MOM25BOYS

Reasons to keep MA:
Has a cute cover :eek:
Tethers RFing
Has a rippable tether for FFing

Reasons to get TF:
More leg room RFing
2 extra lbs RFing and extra shell height
Nicer FFing seat for older kiddos (doesn't sit on a base)
don't have to rethread the harness, just move it up.

Oh, don't forget the TF has that wonderful snap off cover that you don't have to take off the harness and rethread everytime you need to clean it!:love:

Another one for the TF over the MA....:whistle:

mykidsmylife

I have been debating selling my older Blvd for a True Fit but I jsut can't bring myslef to give up the rf tether.
Since I just moved Johnathon into a booster, I am able to give Seth more room rear-facing by reclining the seat so I think it'll be okay.

mykidsmylife

isn't your older BV faulty to the point that Britax replaced it? :confused:

They replaced it but it was b/c the base was sticking. But that has since been fixed. I called them again since the seat was taking so long and talked to a someone who actually knew about this issue and we were able to fix it.

They told me not to worry about the new seat and just keep it. Oh well. Guess they should make sure everyone knows about this issue...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC