Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

I am so done with my Phil & Ted's

I am not feeling the love and I have another flat.

Is there a really good double stroller out there that doesn't have inflatable wheels?

ETA- Not a side by side

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I am so done with my Phil & Ted's

Why not a side by side?
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    Why not a side by side?
    Alot of places we go to have really tight squeezes. A side by side just doesn't fit. (The outlet stores for example)

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

you know, my baby Jogger City Mini Double HAS to fit everywhere, why? Because its WHEEL Chair Sized. EVERYWHERE must be wheel chair compatible. I've NEVER had any issues.

I'd strongly look into that one. The BJCMD is Awesome, and i it.

If your stroller isn't fitting then you need to speak with the store manager. Now, not every aisle you will be able to fit down, but I usually just leave the stroller parked and walk away a few feet with no problems.

My BJ goes everywhere with me, so did my Mountain Buggy, and so did my BJ Jogger.

Almost all high end stroller companies do not make tandem strollers for a reason. Maclaren even says something about this on their website.

Sometimes when stores/employees set out their displays they may not get them the correct inches apart. Most of the time you can simply just push on the rack to give yourself enough room.

BTW, I mostly shop at outlet stores

I seriously doubt you would be happy coming from a P&T's to an Evenflo, or Graco tandem
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2mykids View Post
    I am not feeling the love and I have another flat.

Is there a really good double stroller out there that doesn't have inflatable wheels?

ETA- Not a side by side
    Oh that's a bummer! I only got my 1st flat after 18 mths of owning. When I took it to the bike shop to have it replace, they put some stuff inside so I won't have to replace again! They said if I get something in the tire again, pull it out, then spin the tire and it activates the stuff and it fills the hole!!

I guess if you are getting a bunch of flats, maybe this still wouldn't work for you. But there's no other double I can suggest - I tried the BJCMD in a store and it did fit through their aisles, but it was a tight squeeze. I know it wouldn't fit in other places I go. I even have trouble with the P&T in some clothing aisles!

Some tandems off the top of my head:

Joovy Caboose LIGHT

Jane Powertwin(but that has air tires I believe)

Peg-Perego P3 (this isn't a tandem, but does have a ride plate for the older child)

Kolcraft Contours.(saw one of these the other day while shopping. It was really cute!)

Peg Perego Tender

There is also the option of doing the Baby Jogger (City, Classic or Elite) with the new Toddler seat. Those all have air tires though, but FWIW I have never had problems with my air tires on my BJ's.

Or a Valco with a Hitchrider riding plate added.

The new Graco tandem is alot better than it's previous model. Still a beast though.

Oh, now THIS is cute http://www.rupizcompare.co.uk/home-a...illow_75224699
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

CPS Fanatic

inflatable wheels make strollers smoother and easier to roll.

just because you keep getting flats doesn't make the stroller bad; only your tires/tubes are problematic. you can get puncture-resistant tubes, or tire liners that prevent sharp things from penetrating to the tubes. they basically eliminate flats.

wouldn't it be worth it to invest $9 into tire liners rather than buy an entirely new stroller? assuming it's the flats that are the reason you want a new one... i can only assume that since that's the only reason you're stating.

after going through MANY different types of strollers, we found the P&T to be the best overall stroller for our needs. and you just can't compare cheap wheels without ball bearings with inflatable wheels with bearings. there's just no comparison. the P&T practically pushes itself. i will never have a stroller without pneumatic tires again! and yes, that includes mclarens!

we have had one flat in 10 months of use. the next flat we get, we will add tire liners to all three wheels.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

I've had my e-3 for over 2 years. I've taken it on long trips, crammed it in trunks, and used it with 40# DD and DS while having the basket WAY loaded with junk. I've never had one flat! One time we had DD in the toddler seat in infant/toddler mode with 5 camp chairs stuffed in the infant section.

Is it possible that your tires are over inflated or under inflated and it's causing problems?

I agree that you are going to have a hard time finding something thats not a SBS that you can buckle two kids into and is as narrow as the P&Ts.

9 yr old in a pink zebra NBB and 5-stepping
    6 yr DS1 old in a Harmony
    4 yr old DS2 in a Nautilus and Radian
    18 mo DS3 rfing in a MyRide65

I will get some of that stuff to help stop the tires from going flat. I have had the stroller for about 16ish months and every once in a while a tire will start losing air, then a tire went flat, then another tire lost air, now I have another flat and my DD actually broke our bike pump about 5 days ago. If I had a pump, I have an extra tire, but this is getting to be too much work. (and worry.)
    I'm just steaming right now I guess.

I'm honestly bummed about how the P&T's is holding up. Some of the plastic caps have popped off. DD reaches down and grabs the tires even though I have the "guards" on them. I actually have to strap her shoulders down tight to prevent her from leaning foward at all (jump seat). Plus the tire problem.
    I know that these "cons" are probably outweighed many of the "pros" it has. I'm just frustrated with it.
    I guess this is more a "vent" thread and I WILL get some liners, I need to go buy a new pump anyway.

ETA:
    Could I be over or under inflating the tires?
    I guess so, I had a pretty cheap pump with a built in gauge and it is highly likely that it wasn't accurate.

CPS Fanatic

so your tires are just losing air slowly? if so, then the tire liners won't help you. i thought you were getting flats from punctures.

yeah, i agree with you about the snaps (we've had one break) and the fenders being inadequate (plus have you heard about the second recall? for crushing your fingers when folding it!!!). there are definitely issues (the older ones had a problem with the foot area stretching out). but at the end of the day, it's the only stroller that can take both kiddos, fit wherever a single stroller can fit, and is a breeze to push. plus it folds really compactly. so i can live with those shortcomings.

as for tire pressure, i generally don't overinflate. not that it will hurt the tires/tubes (it shouldn't, within reason). but overinflating makes the stroller way too bouncy over bumps. keeping the tires soft (i use my thumb and forefinger as my pressure gauge ) prevents the stroller from bouncing all over the place and gives the kiddos a much smoother ride.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.