I am so done with my Phil & Ted's

monstah

I am not feeling the love and I have another flat.

Is there a really good double stroller out there that doesn't have inflatable wheels?

ETA- Not a side by side

ADS

MySillyKids

you know, my baby Jogger City Mini Double HAS to fit everywhere, why? Because its WHEEL Chair Sized. EVERYWHERE must be wheel chair compatible. I've NEVER had any issues.

I'd strongly look into that one. The BJCMD is Awesome, and i :love: it.

lovinwaves

:yeahthat:

If your stroller isn't fitting then you need to speak with the store manager. Now, not every aisle you will be able to fit down, but I usually just leave the stroller parked and walk away a few feet with no problems.

My BJ goes everywhere with me, so did my Mountain Buggy, and so did my BJ Jogger.

Almost all high end stroller companies do not make tandem strollers for a reason. Maclaren even says something about this on their website.

Sometimes when stores/employees set out their displays they may not get them the correct inches apart. Most of the time you can simply just push on the rack to give yourself enough room.

BTW, I mostly shop at outlet stores ;)

I seriously doubt you would be happy coming from a P&T's to an Evenflo, or Graco tandem :twocents:

seamonkeys

I am not feeling the love and I have another flat.

Is there a really good double stroller out there that doesn't have inflatable wheels?

ETA- Not a side by side

Oh that's a bummer! I only got my 1st flat after 18 mths of owning. When I took it to the bike shop to have it replace, they put some stuff inside so I won't have to replace again! :thumbsup: They said if I get something in the tire again, pull it out, then spin the tire and it activates the stuff and it fills the hole!!

I guess if you are getting a bunch of flats, maybe this still wouldn't work for you. But there's no other double I can suggest - I tried the BJCMD in a store and it did fit through their aisles, but it was a tight squeeze. I know it wouldn't fit in other places I go. I even have trouble with the P&T in some clothing aisles!

lovinwaves

Some tandems off the top of my head:

Joovy Caboose LIGHT

Jane Powertwin(but that has air tires I believe)

Peg-Perego P3 (this isn't a tandem, but does have a ride plate for the older child)

Kolcraft Contours.(saw one of these the other day while shopping. It was really cute!)

Peg Perego Tender

There is also the option of doing the Baby Jogger (City, Classic or Elite) with the new Toddler seat. Those all have air tires though, but FWIW I have never had problems with my air tires on my BJ's.

Or a Valco with a Hitchrider riding plate added.

The new Graco tandem is alot better than it's previous model. Still a beast though.

Oh, now THIS is cute http://www.rupizcompare.co.uk/home-...px?product=Bebecar-vector-duo-willow_75224699

southpawboston

inflatable wheels make strollers smoother and easier to roll.

just because you keep getting flats doesn't make the stroller bad; only your tires/tubes are problematic. you can get puncture-resistant tubes, or tire liners that prevent sharp things from penetrating to the tubes. they basically eliminate flats.

wouldn't it be worth it to invest $9 into tire liners rather than buy an entirely new stroller? assuming it's the flats that are the reason you want a new one... i can only assume that since that's the only reason you're stating.

after going through MANY different types of strollers, we found the P&T to be the best overall stroller for our needs. and you just can't compare cheap wheels without ball bearings with inflatable wheels with bearings. there's just no comparison. the P&T practically pushes itself. i will never have a stroller without pneumatic tires again! and yes, that includes mclarens!

we have had one flat in 10 months of use. the next flat we get, we will add tire liners to all three wheels.

skipspin

I've had my e-3 for over 2 years. I've taken it on long trips, crammed it in trunks, and used it with 40# DD and DS while having the basket WAY loaded with junk. I've never had one flat! One time we had DD in the toddler seat in infant/toddler mode with 5 camp chairs stuffed in the infant section.

Is it possible that your tires are over inflated or under inflated and it's causing problems?

I agree that you are going to have a hard time finding something thats not a SBS that you can buckle two kids into and is as narrow as the P&Ts.

monstah

I will get some of that stuff to help stop the tires from going flat. I have had the stroller for about 16ish months and every once in a while a tire will start losing air, then a tire went flat, then another tire lost air, now I have another flat and my DD actually broke our bike pump about 5 days ago. If I had a pump, I have an extra tire, but this is getting to be too much work. (and worry.)
I'm just steaming right now I guess.

I'm honestly bummed about how the P&T's is holding up. Some of the plastic caps have popped off. DD reaches down and grabs the tires even though I have the "guards" on them. I actually have to strap her shoulders down tight to prevent her from leaning foward at all (jump seat). Plus the tire problem.
I know that these "cons" are probably outweighed many of the "pros" it has. I'm just frustrated with it.
I guess this is more a "vent" thread and I WILL get some liners, I need to go buy a new pump anyway.:rolleyes:

ETA:
Could I be over or under inflating the tires?
I guess so, I had a pretty cheap pump with a built in gauge and it is highly likely that it wasn't accurate.

southpawboston

so your tires are just losing air slowly? if so, then the tire liners won't help you. i thought you were getting flats from punctures.

yeah, i agree with you about the snaps (we've had one break) and the fenders being inadequate (plus have you heard about the second recall? for crushing your fingers when folding it!!!). there are definitely issues (the older ones had a problem with the foot area stretching out). but at the end of the day, it's the only stroller that can take both kiddos, fit wherever a single stroller can fit, and is a breeze to push. plus it folds really compactly. so i can live with those shortcomings.

as for tire pressure, i generally don't overinflate. not that it will hurt the tires/tubes (it shouldn't, within reason). but overinflating makes the stroller way too bouncy over bumps. keeping the tires soft (i use my thumb and forefinger as my pressure gauge ;)) prevents the stroller from bouncing all over the place and gives the kiddos a much smoother ride.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC