Saturn Vue

3acorns4Christy

We will be in the market for a new car early spring time. This will be hopefully bought in EUC and will last us for several years to come, so our hope 6 years min. So by that time, buying Spring 09, we will have a 9 year old and a 6 year old. Meaning lots more stuff hauling around. So I don't want to buy a small vehicle that we will be cramped in by that time. Yet want one that is good on gas.

What are your thoughts on the Saturn Vue, from what I have read I am falling in love with it. It sounds perfect, gas mileage is good and about what we were aiming for. Plus lots of room for us.

ADS

Citrine

Have you thought about maybe bringing others kids in your car. As your kids get older, they may want a friend to come with them. Like car pooling your childs friend to school. or if you have family in town. I have a honda pilot with a third row and I am glad we have that third row. every wednesday, I bring another child to school and the car seats I have will not fit 3 across in the second row. Also we have no family here. They fly in to see us and we put the kids in the third row while mom and dad or a sister, will sit in the second row. I know there are smaller suvs with thrid rows in them, like the Volvo, Mazda, I think Chevy came out with one to. just my 2cents

olivia 4.26.04 44in 37lb Regant/GN
makayla 9.16.06 30in 27lb RF Wizard

skipspin

What year Vue are you looking out. I believe that it underwent a total redesign in 07 or08. I had an 03 and it was great. It had 3 sets of LATCH (current model only has 2 sets, but I think 3 TAs).

I got three-across several times. The center seat especially has forward of the bite seatbelt, but you can use LATCH so it wouldn't be a big deal unless you had a child over 48#s in a Radian or something like that.

We did find it had lots of room and with two kids it was nice to be able to use the 60/40 seat. Yes, I could do it with a RN and infant seat. DD's WZ fit RFing in the 40 "single" seat too. The front passenger seat folds flat, which I miss in my Jeep. DD really liked being able to see everything when it was just the kids and I. It also makes a great changing table. ;-) I used the grocery bag bins in the back all the time. My stroller fit behind them and the groceries didn't roll all over the car.

I so somewhat agree that you should make sure you're okay with a 5 seater. We pretty much were, but now that we are going to have three we are kind of bummed that we can naver carry another person with us.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi there from another former '03 Vue owner. Rather than retype it for you (forgive me for being somewhat lazy, lol), this previous Vue thread has posts about my ownership experience (including walking away unhurt from a crash, thankfully), and some recommendations about what options to seek out, and which used Vue models to avoid altogether due to a trouble prone CVT transmission: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=54199 Happy car shopping. :)

3acorns4Christy

We don't want anything bigger then a 5-seater. Not at this point in time. We are looking at 2003 models. It's not a firm choice yet, just more looking and getting opinions. Our parents both drive to visit, and my MIL has already said if we move out of state, they will not visit us. Then my mom and step dad bring their huge RV and car everywhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC