Which companies have age limits on booster seats?.....

emandbri

Off the top of my head this is what I have.

Graco high back 3 no back 4

Cosco 1 year
Evenflo 1 year
Britax 1 year

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Britax Frontier is age 4

Britax Parkway is age 1. (and I'm going to guess the other Britax dedicated boosters are the same?)

And I'm not sure all Graco boosters have those age limits unless it's been recently added. I don't believe the turbobooster does - or if it does now it didn't used to.

The only thing really stopping a 1yr old from using a booster is really the height minimum. I believe the lowest I've seen is 37", and I don't know many 1yr olds who are 37" tall.

Small consolation, but it's something I guess...

We're a proper use province, so people have been known to say 4 and 40 before as booster minimums thinking that age 4 is in the manual, but it's not in any except the frontier. (we don't have the Nautilus yet, so can't speak for what it says.) Back when that discussion happened the Frontier wasn't available here yet, and I went looking for every possible booster manual I could find online trying to find an age 4 in a manual somewhere, and came up empty. It's since been confirmed with other people that there aren't any with a greater requirement than over a year and 40lbs with a height minimum. (Frontier now being the exception, but like I said, it wasn't around at the time of that conversation.)

christineka

I have several turboboosters. One was 4 years old and it said in the manual that the child needed to be age 3 and 37 inches for high back and 4 and 40 something inches for backless. My graco cargo that is about to expire says age 3 and 30 pounds as the minimum for booster use.

I am rather annoyed with britax discontinuing the dedicated booster seats to encourage extended harnessing. Instead, the could just change the age minimum from 1 year to 4 years. Then some people would see that and not buy the booster fro their 2 year old.

emandbri

No age on Clek, but the minimum is 40 pounds and 40 inches :)

The oobr is 33 lbs. I don't know inches :(

Inch limits don't make me feel better at all, the average person doesn't even know there is a height limit.

The britax product selector says you can use a monarch for a child who is 22 inches tall, 30 lbs, 12 months, shoulder height of 12 inches.

22 inches tall? There are newborns that are 22 inches tall! :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC