Vent Not feeling the love...

tjham

My granddaughter is 7, 42 lbs. and certainly big enough for a booster.
But she still fits in the Radian and the Nautilus.
Her mom has a TurboBoster for her in her car but I have never seen how she uses it there.
I just put a Nautilus in mine (Mariposa - yeah!) which she will be harnessed in.
She is in a Radian in her dad's truck.
She is a whiz at buckling herself in a 5 pt harness.
Her dad's GF has had her in a Radian but recently they started using a Turbobooster
and I walked her out tonight to see how she does it.

It was soooo frustrating to watch her pull out the belt, get it on, have it lock up, undo it, start over again, have the lap belt part loose even though the shoulder part looked OK and see the shoulder belt loop be in the wrong place. They were in a big hurry and I was saying, "this is not right." She got irritated at me and said "Grandma, you don't know anything about boosters!"

I tried to pull the headrest up with her in the seat and it just wouldn't come up until I got at the right angle and finally it came loose and moved. It had been so the belt curved down behind her shoulder and she actually put it down the side of her shoulder several inches. I was aghast!
I finally got it to where I guess it was safe but she had been using it in the GF's car like that for several weeks. Now I wonder how she is using it in her mom's car. I felt like crying.
Next time she is here, we need to do some "booster practice"!

The GF's 8 and 10 yr olds use only the seat belts, which fit them poorly
but I gave up trying to convince her to do anything differently with them.
I can only do my best for my own granddaughter. *sigh*

ADS

Kat_Momof3

ugh... I'd be furious.

the good news is that properly placing the shoulder guide should fix the problem of the belt locking on her accidently.

definitely practice, though.

and make sure she knows to tighten the lapbelt by pulling on the shoulderbelt.

I've yet to meet a 6-7yr old that can't do a booster properly once they've been taught.

And I hope she has been corrected... that you DO know about boosters.

(for teaching, you could use the Nautilus)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC