Older kids in the Blvd and True Fit??

Pepse

look to find out how older kids fit in these seats

What ages and weights?

How long do you think it will last your child?

ADS

NannyMom

I installed TF in my van a month or 2 ago. My 5 year old (46 pounds) still fit in it with 1/2inch- 1 inch to grow. The harness was getting a little tight though, not much room to loosen or tighten it. He is right at the 2nd to top slots in the Nautilus.

jmm3

We primarily use our TF for DD2, but my DD1 fits very well in it also. She is 5.5 years old, but on the small side (33 lbs, 43"). She is almost exactly even with the 2nd from top slots.

She can fit either RF or FF and I think it could last her at least another year depending on her growth. She might fit until age 7 or 8 even.

MoreLatte

My DD is 5, 42# and 43inches. She is on the top slots of the TF, we just moved them up about a month ago. Her shoulders are about even with the
3rd slots but I moved her up because some days they looked even and some days they looked above.

I really like the TF for older kids. It is nice and roomy. However, there isn't much adjuster strap left once she is buckled in so I'm not sure how much longer it is really going to last her. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

gbpmama

4 y/o DD, 45 lbs, unsure of current height or torso height - on the third slot and just about needing to go to the fourth. There is plenty of strap left to adjust the harness out more for her. :)

And we do plan on having another babe who will more than likely use this seat once we are done with the SnugRide.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My dd has about 2" of growing room in the TF installed. In the store she had 1.5" at most in the BLVD, so probably less than 1" room.

The TF is wider, and has more seat depth. Her knees overhang the edge of the Britax seats by a bit, they sit almost right at the edge of the TF.

My dd found the MA to be narrow and not as comfy after riding in a Radian (which also has more interior room than the Britax convertibles.) She likes the TF better than the Radian, but I don't think she'd hugely complain if she was back in the Radian.

That being said, the BLVD is a nice seat. But it's just not as roomy as other seats when it comes to older kids. My neighbors 4yr old was squished in my MA when we tried him in it, they ended up going with a Radian instead.

Here's a recent pic of her in the TF:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/snowbird25ca/Halloween 2008/831.jpg
It's a cell phone pic so excuse the poor quality. She is buckled in, but between the black harness on black costume and the collar, it's hard to tell. You can see she has space between the seat and her shoulders though widthwise, and her head is still well contained within the shell. :)

mykidsmylife

Johnathon turned 6 Sept 20. He is 43lbs and 47.5". He still fits in the Blvd. If he grows AT ALL he will be to tall for it.
I think it will last Seth to age 6 as well.

April

Griffin still fits in the TF and he'll be 6 in 3 months. Don't know his torso height, but I'd guess about 17 inches ad last I checked he's 51 lbs. He's almost even with the top slots (installed). Here's some pics of him in it in the house:

GriffinTF-1.jpg

GriffinTFtopslotsside-1.jpg

There is very little harness adjuster strap left with him in it. Maybe 3 inches? He normally rides in a Parkway.

BW1426

E is 5 and she looks much more comfortable in the True Fit than in the Marathon. I like that the True Fit is wider and that it doesn't sit up on a base. She interferes with my view out the back window in the Marathon.

monstah

DS (3 years, 1 month, 41 pounds) has pretty much outgrown the BLVD. He has only centimeters to go. He has always been a pretty big boy. He was 40 pounds at 24 months.
I don't have a TF for comparison.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC