$60 cowmoo ma - $43 granite marathon (Target.com)

gbpmama

Re: $60 cowmoo ma

They charged you already? Most likely it's a check to make sure your acct has the funds and they put a hold on them.

Target and others have done this numerous times and then cancelled the orders. SOME go through, but some do not. Point being, I don't get excited about getting a deal until the item is IN my house, lol.

ADS

monstah

Re: $43 granite ma

Is that legal? I mean, I thought companies HAD to honor the advertised price - it's why Right Start has basically given away some awesome things in the past - the mistake was on their end so they honored the price. Is that the law, or just good business practice?

No company HAS to honor a mistaken price. Even in the store at a checkout. But honoring it is considered "best practices".
Many people believe that it would be against the law, but it's not.

BabyKaykes

I just called Isaiah's grandmother about this, since I sold her seat and she needs a new one on a budget. She asked if it turned to a booster and I said no. So she said "well, I'll just get this cute little Geko seat I saw at Walmart last night. It turns into a booster later. But I just got a bonus at work, I can buy you that one if you want it."

I'm getting a GN AND a MA (hopefully) out of this deal!

fyrfightermomma

They charged you already? Most likely it's a check to make sure your acct has the funds and they put a hold on them.

Target and others have done this numerous times and then cancelled the orders. SOME go through, but some do not. Point being, I don't get excited about getting a deal until the item is IN my house, lol.

Nope....money's gone. I have two "areas" in my online banking. Charges waiting to be authorized, and then my actual statement. The charge showed up in the authorization section for about an hour.

Now it's on my statement....the money is gone.

I really really hope this is a good sign!

Heather98012

Mine says
"Shipping estimate for these items: December 15, 2008
Estimated Delivery: December 18, 2008 - January 6, 2009"

I'll wait & see what happens. I'm not gonna count on it until I see it on my doorstep!

seamonkeys

Thanks so much for this info! I was just telling my friend to buy a Scenera for her MIL's car! But now for the same price she can get a MA!!!!

I'm also debating how many to buy myself (1 for me, but some extra to sell?).

I like the thought somebody mentioned that if the DOM is really bad, just return it to the store. Only loss is the tax.

gbpmama

Nope....money's gone. I have two "areas" in my online banking. Charges waiting to be authorized, and then my actual statement. The charge showed up in the authorization section for about an hour.

Now it's on my statement....the money is gone.

I really really hope this is a good sign!

Right, but it was automatic. I've had it happen numerous times and then I get a cancellation email and then within 5-7 business days the money is returned to my acct. :rolleyes:

Naomi's-Momma

I just ordered a Cowmoo:whistle:
I so do not need it. but how can you not buy one at this price?

I'm just so happy! My mom's over here and she thanks I'm crazy.

I really hope they don't cancel it.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

:eek: Sometimes it's the large orders that kill a deal. :( (If you've been on SlickDeals or similar, you know the stories from retailer workers)

I don't understand what the problem is. They are on sale, she took advantage of it. Doesn't matter if you order 1 or 10. There was no restriction on it.

gbpmama

I don't understand what the problem is. They are on sale, she took advantage of it. Doesn't matter if you order 1 or 10. There was no restriction on it.

Sorry, wasn't trying to start anything. I was just saying that sometimes it's not the quantity of orders that tips off an employee (though it usually is) but if an order comes through with MANY of the same item in one order.

I participate on SlickDeals a bit too much.. :p

seamonkeys

Ok, just ordered 3 Granites! Was going to get 2 and 1 cowmoo - but the cowmoo wasn't showing free shipping in the cart. Plus I figure the Granites were cheaper anyway!!

ETA: Shipping estimate Dec 15, with delivery b/t Dec 18-Jan 4th.

If these come UPS, the driver is really gonna think we're crazy!! When my TF came last month, he asked DH how many kids we had! Commented that he delivers lots of seats here! But that's so not true! Only got a MA in Feb, Frontier in the spring, and the TF last month. ;)

nov05mama

Ha...this is one of those times I wish I had more money just "sitting around"...I did get an order in for one granite though...here's hoping it actually goes through!!!

indigoblossom

*crossing fingers* that this deal goes through...were they showing as instock before? because i just ordered one but it says it will take 2-6 weeks to ship...anyway, i hope i scored this because i need another carseat in the spring and wasn't sure how i was going to fund it. so excited!!! i got the granite for $45!!!

indigoblossom

:yeahthat: Seven seems kinda greedy, IMHO.

lol! yeah, i mean if i had the extra cash i would have ordered one more to try and sell for profit, but even that seems greedy. seven!!! i suppose it might not seem too excessive to anyone receiving the order, though, i mean, maybe they'll just think it's for a daycare or something.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC