$60 cowmoo ma - $43 granite marathon (Target.com)

lidarln

:yeahthat:...basically.

Honestly, when I first saw the "deal" I really did think that they were closing out seats that were 1-2 years old. When I bought it, I did have every intention of selling it for a profit. I always intended to sell it for a price that would be a good deal for the buyer, and a good deal for me based on the DOM. I would NOT have sold a 2 year old seat for $200.

I ordered 1 granite and 1 cowmoo for this exact purpose.

My granite was cancelled. I didn't cry over it.

When it became obvious that it was a mistake by Target, I honestly felt blessed that I still got my cowmoo. I was shocked at the 10/30/08 DOM.

I do not at all feel guilty for reselling it. Some got a GREAT deal buying that seat for $200.

We all LOVE getting great deals on merchandise on ebay. How do people think sellers are able to offer these great deals? It is because they (somehow) are able to get things at really great prices and resell them for a profit. There are many SAHM that are able to stay home by doing this type of thing.

So, if you want to know what motivated me exactly to do it, I'll tell you. In January when my husband got laid off, we lost 60% of our household income. He tried unsuccessfully to find a new job for a few month, then decided to follow his dream and join the police academy...which means, still no income. This has not been easy with an outrageous mortgage payment that we have since we bought our house at the top of the market in spring of 2006. We are barely hanging on.

So, bottom line, I had no intention to "take advantage" of Target, but I had every intention, with NO GUILT to be an opportunist.

For those that think what I did was somehow wrong, well I disagree. But if you feel that way, I would think you would also feel it is wrong to buy anything off of ebay or craigslist from a private seller that is BNIB.

cool, thanks for sharing that:thumbsup:

ADS

Holly

I'm excited for mine! I'm going to use it to get the fisher price my first doll house! I was going to have to order it in a few days, and now I get to use this and cover almost all of the cost!

sb518

Woohooo! I didn't say one thing to Target either and I got a GC code. :love: I did have 2 separate orders but only got one email so I am glad that they are taking that into consideration and not giving people more than 1 egiftcard. I don't think they should have to give anybody anything so I am pleasantly surprised!

capeKO71

Already spent my $25 gc. lol. got the fur real biscuit - it was marked to $139 - and with the $25 off and free shipping, it was definitley the cheapest around. :)

javafinch

Did anyone order through amazon.com and get a gift cert? I haven't gotten a thing - not an email or anything. My order disappeared from my acct and when I tried to email Target they said it was Amazon's problem and Amazon told me the order was cancelled because of Target's problem. Meanwhile all these people are getting gift certificates and I feel a bit peeved that I'm not. I wasn't even peeved until this gift cert thing, actually. 2 days after this thing I ordered a Lauren Boulevard and I'm very happy with it - but dang, I want my $25, too, if everyone else is getting it.

U

Unregistered1

I got mine tonight! :D Email, that is, not seat :p I'm very happy with Target now, I think they did a really nice thing to recitify a situation that sucked for everybody... and honestly I'll probably spend more than $25 now that I have it, lol, so it's their gain too.

drlynne

I didn't get one yet either. But Target now has them on sale (the roundabouts) for 179.99 use your egiftcard and they are even cheaper.
Lynne

R&J'sMom

For those who ordered from Target.com and did not get a $25e-card, I read this on another board I'm on. Not sure if it's true or not.

"For those that did NOT get a gift card, this is part of what our news story said:

Target has agreed to give a $25 e-Gift Card, along with a letter of apology, to those who placed an order for less than five of the car seats"

Heather98012

For those who ordered from Target.com and did not get a $25e-card, I read this on another board I'm on. Not sure if it's true or not.

"For those that did NOT get a gift card, this is part of what our news story said:

Target has agreed to give a $25 e-Gift Card, along with a letter of apology, to those who placed an order for less than five of the car seats"

Did you get yours (or did I just miss it if you posted?)??

Also, can I give a big :thumbsup: to Target for sending these out RIGHT before the Black Friday sales?! Awesome timing!!!

Chameleon

Did they say how long it was going to take? I know most have gotten theirs already, but I'm wondering if I got skipped somehow.

vonfirmath

I think is shows that they have a fear that perhaps their pricing policy may not necessarily be bullet proof under the law. They'd rather not find out by having to pay huge to defend a class-action suit, so it is cheaper for them to send out $25 cards with a release. (Not that I would sue, but the threat is there by some)

Actually, their pricing policy could be bullet-proof, and it is still cheaper to send ou the $25 cards with a release than to defend themselves in court.

That's how our system works.

natysr

Actually, their pricing policy could be bullet-proof, and it is still cheaper to send ou the $25 cards with a release than to defend themselves in court.

That's how our system works.

Yep, that is exactly how things can work. I see it all the time at work. (I work for a law firm that defends employers in employment related law suits.) It is much cheaper to settle in most cases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC