Oobr updates? Anyone getting one when they come out?

Are you getting an Oobr?

• Yes, right away!

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Yes, eventually.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • No.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Clicky Box.

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Do we know why the Oobr is no longer on the Magna Clek website?

Do we know the most up-to-date release date for the Oobr?

Anyone planning to get one?

ADS

emandbri

Last I heard the release was to be Feb. I have no idea why it isn't on the website anymore.

I'd really like to get one but of course have to see it first, I want to see how much room Daniel has in it first.

Edited because I think it has now been pushed back to April.

Last edited:

Shaunam

I've been seeing sooo many cool boosters and I've been so, so tempted by this one! I have to control myself though because there is NO reason for me to start buying boosters as soon as DS hits 4 and 40. Bad, bad, bad! He needs a 5 point and I really should get a GN for him. I just wish the GN had that cool paul frank design on it!

emandbri

In the blog it says it will be be $239.99 for the standard colors and Paul Frank oobr’s are $254.99. Pretty high but it does have features that other seats don't have.

Kat_Momof3

I would love one, but every carseat I have is one I've had to FIND the money for in our tight budget.

I've also had seats where I scrimped and saved every penny for.

So if it were THE booster that was the only one that would meet our needs, I'd find a way.

As it is, there are other boosters that meet our needs and, despite cover options, depending on which kid it would be for, I actually like better.

We will not be getting an oobr.

Olli might be in our future, but probably not, because of how much time the Nautilus base has for backless use and the fact that the combi dakota is still out there.

But even that may never be needed, because I may just buy Ruthie her own Monterey if Jeffrey isn't too big for it when she outgrows the Nautilus.

christineka

The seat looks great, but no way at that price. There are other boosters out there that fit the need and are much more affordable. I'll wait for the next great booster for $100 or less.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm not real happy with the price, but I'll pay it if it works. Hope (almost 7) is ready for a new seat. Her weight has been fluctuating between 72 and 78 pounds and I'm afraid she's going to go over 80 soon. Then again, she had been gaining steadily from a 6 week course of prednisone last November, finally stopped gaining in June-July, and has been visibly slimming down and getting taller. She is also able to do more physical activity things that her body had gotten too heavy to let her do, like go across the monkey bars. Regardless of hitting the weight limits, I want to take her out of the RN in the Corolla because she and I both hate it. Her back up booster is the Evenflo Confidence, which fits her great, and we like it, but I want a deeper booster for her *forever* booster.

WE both :love: the Frontier, but I worry that it will be too tippy in booster mode in the center the Corolla. She is willing to wait for the Oobr and use the RN until, but if it's not going to come out after all, there is no reason to wait when I have a chance to get a super deal on a Frontier. (It was a return item that is being clearanced at the store where I do car seat checks. It was returned because it was a poor fit in the people's car, and my best friend was the tech that spent an hour and a half trying to make it work before the people said screw it and bought a Regent, so I know it was never used in the car)

On second thought, If I do get the Frontier, I can use it in the Corolla for now in harnessed mode, then move it to the Armada in booster mode when she hits 80lbs and sell the Regent to fund an Oobr then.

Hmmm. Looks like I need to take the CC with me to work on Saturday.

canadianmom2three

I also have a hard time with this one when I could buy the frontier for the same price and harness a bit longer..... OTOH, ds is a great little booster rider now, and the frontier wouldn't work for 3 across in my car, which is kind of a dealbreaker, so yes, I am considering the ooobr. I love the look of it so much more than the monterey and I LOVE our oto more than any other booster we have had, so provided that I can get the cool skurvy design, and provided I have the $$ come feb, I'm in. Oh it has to be nice and deep, that is what DS hates about the parkway, it is not supportive enough on the legs.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I also have a hard time with this one when I could buy the frontier for the same price and harness a bit longer..... OTOH, ds is a great little booster rider now, and the frontier wouldn't work for 3 across in my car, which is kind of a dealbreaker, so yes, I am considering the ooobr. I love the look of it so much more than the monterey and I LOVE our oto more than any other booster we have had, so provided that I can get the cool skurvy design, and provided I have the $$ come feb, I'm in. Oh it has to be nice and deep, that is what DS hates about the parkway, it is not supportive enough on the legs.

Have you tried your ds in the oto? From what I have read in the blog and here it's the same basic depth and design where it's thicker towards the front so it feels more supportive even though it's not as deep as other seats - like the Monterey.

canadianmom2three

I tried him in the oto and the depth was great, it was the lack of head support that wasn't so great, so if oobr is the same basic seat design just with the head and body support he needs, that would be IDEAL!! My DD rides in the oto, and it is true, the way it angles up at the front is perfect, she is still fine in it, never complains at all. I think that is the problem with the parkway, it angles down instead of up, so his legs are just hanging there....plus the parkway is just so darn tippy, I am in love with the rigid latch.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I love Rigid LATCH too!

I think I might buy an Oobr with income tax money for ds. I'm going to start booster training him after he is 4 (feb), so this would be a great first booster I think. I'm only about 80% sure right now though. I need some real life reviews and pictures with a lot of kids before I dish out that much money on a booster.

I wish Clek had a discount program for techs!

Girly_Qs

I'm struggling with this one . . ..

I like the idea of rigid latch (tbh, I've never used it, so I can't say from experience) and I like the magnesium frame.

BUT, it will rarely (if ever) get moved from my car (so weight and ease are kind of moot). And, we already have a Regent, so we've already dropped a chunk of change to keep her harnessed for a good long time (she's almost 6yo, 48" and around 44lbs).

If I'm honest, we'll probably just get a Monterey and save the $ difference.

clek

I'm here :)
I've been travelling for a few days but I'm back now. oobr will be back on the site right after we launch the new Paul Frank edition ollis. We'll also be rolling out more changes to the site at that time (mostly minor updates, but we decided to do it all at one time).
Feel free to post any questions. I'll answer what I can.
Thanks everyone.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Hi Mike!

For clarification, is the Oobr seat designed like the Oto (and Olli?) seats, the same depth and same materials and same general design? So if a child is very happy with an Oto (or Olli), would they be equally as happy with an Oobr from the physical, leg support, comfort stand point alone? Are they identical in that regards or are there differences?

Also, I notice there is 1 cup holder with each Oobr, and it looks like it can be put on either side -- are more cup holders available for purchase so there could be one on each side?

Last, will that cup holder also work with the Olli and/or Oto?

Thanks!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Last, will that cup holder also work with the Olli and/or Oto?
!

The mesh holder (it has some cute name, I forget it, lol) on the side of the Olli works fine for holding sippy cups... I'm sure we'd have to try out our own aftermarket cupholders if we are so inclined... (my cars are loaded with cupholders that the kids can reach easily, so I haven't tried any yet :eek:)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
My kids are past sippy cups :) Plus, it'd be cool to have a drink holder and a snack holder :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC