Question Car Seat Suggestions - What can you dream up?

ctbcleveland

My cousin just told me that she is expecting baby #3 this spring.

Her kids are 2.5 and 40 lbs, and 3.5 and 40 lbs.

She wants to upgrade all car seats in the family.

DH has a Dodge Magnum and DC has a Ford Escape. She'll need three across in both cars.

Near term, I sugestted a Radian, Nautilus and Infant Seat until the baby outgrows it, and then to put the baby in a radian and get other DC a Nautilus.

Would it be reasonable to expect two Natilus's to fit outboard with a radian in the middle?

She tends to have big babies (and kids). I'd love to see her get a 30 lbs infant seat, but not sure how well that will work in a three-across situation.

Dream up other combinations I might have overlooked! Also, let me know if there are compatibility issues with these cars.

ADS

cpsaddict

I have a 2001 Escape and honestly, I cannot find a seat that WON"T fit. I can get a FF MA in the middle and two Snugrides with bases outboard. I can do a MA, RA and Keyfit 30, in various combos of rf/ff on the convertibles. Three across in an Escape is really pretty easy. I am pretty sure she could do infant seat in the middle and two Nauti's. Two Radians and an infant seat, for sure.

drlynne

I have a 2001 Escape and honestly, I cannot find a seat that WON"T fit. I can get a FF MA in the middle and two Snugrides with bases outboard. I can do a MA, RA and Keyfit 30, in various combos of rf/ff on the convertibles. Three across in an Escape is really pretty easy. I am pretty sure she could do infant seat in the middle and two Nauti's. Two Radians and an infant seat, for sure.

WHAT?? Okay I have an 07 Escape and no way could I fit another car seat in there. How do you do that? Right now I have a frontier for my 5 yr old behind driver's seat and a marathon rear facing for my 2 yr old behind the passenger seat. There is no way to fit any seat in the middle I'm pretty sure. I would love love to be able to fit any ff seat in the middle because I always have an extra child. Help?

Lynne

ctbcleveland

Lynne,

I am hoping to get some other posters to this thread. My DC has heavy kids, so wider seats are better for them, but if they won't fit, it won't help her.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC