UGH! Fox Safety Seat Switch Video

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I found this today on Fox News. UGH. This is so freaking frustrating. Why on earth do they talk to a doctor about car seat safety??? And why doesn't this doctor go read the AAP recommendations!!! His info sucks. You should be able to slip your hand under the "belt that holds the child". He doesn't even know any carseat terminology or any of the current recommendations!!! AAAHHHHH!

Safety Seat Switch - Changing Child Safety Seats

Sorry if this has been posted before. I've just seen it for the first time. I can't figure out how to send a message to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

lovinwaves

Re: UGH! Fox Changing Car Seat Video

The videos name is "Safety Seat Switch - Changing Child Safety Seats"

Anybody else notice at 1:22 the seat is moving all around the place while the car is in motion?

The Bjorns

I just saw that today. When they read the AAP recommendations it's not quite so bad, but that doctor is just horrid. Not even a mention of being able to rear face to the limits of the seat (they did say that but it doesn't carry much weight when the doctor contradicts that). He was quite adamant that once you hit 20 lbs and 1 year you need to turn them facing forward and as soon as they hit 40 lbs and 4 yrs than it's time to switch to a booster seat. Just horrific!!!!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member

Diane, I don't understand if they were going to read the AAp recommendations on when a seat is outgrown why they didn't both to even look at the other AAP recommendations. It's just such a horrible video with a ped who very obviously knows nothing at all about car seats.

The Bjorns

You're right about the seat movement! I went back and watched it again and was appalled.

I actually found this on Yahoo News videos so I'm sure it's getting lots of airplay. How sad.

The Bjorns

I think I'm going to see if I can find contact information for American Family and/or the host E.D. Hill and maybe even pediatrian Steven Turner. I don't hold out much hope on that one since it's such a common name. Still, I'm going to try.

RJB78

CPST Instructor

I couldn't find the one you're talking about, but I found another one. It's called "Car Seat Safety" and it's under the Health - pediatrics videos. OMG. The host of American Family has got to be kidding me. Please tell me she's acting.

lovinwaves

I couldn't find the one you're talking about, but I found another one. It's called "Car Seat Safety" and it's under the Health - pediatrics videos. OMG. The host of American Family has got to be kidding me. Please tell me she's acting.

Just got done watching that one. Was good except there was no mention of extended rear-facing. :(

skaterbabs

It seems the video may have been removed. A search of the site says it doesn't match any results.

It seems it's actually named "Safety seat switch". And it's pretty crappy.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member

It seems the video may have been removed. A search of the site says it doesn't match any results.

Hmmmm, I still see it there. If you click on videos all the videos appear at the bottom. You have to use the scroll button and scroll down to the bottom.

It's called Safety Seat Switch - Changing child Safety Seats. Pic of a baby in an infant carrier on it.

I fixed the title so the name of the video is correct!

Lara

Yikes!!

At 1:14 the lady is doing something with a SR, while its FF :eek: There wasn't a kid in it, but still, that sends a very bad message!

The Bjorns

Well I did send a note to the general comments e-mail for Fox News. Not that I'm going to hold my breath for a response. I did find contact information for Dr. Turner. Any ladies in New York want to make a phone call? I'm still looking for an e-mail for him.

The Bjorns

Well, I'm hitting a brick wall in trying to contact the featured pediatrian, Dr. Steven/Stephen B. Turner. I even called the office number I found hoping to get an e-mail, but no answer. I think Long Island College Hospital is struggling and their pediatrics practice may have moved if the hospital is on the verge of closing. Must be why he has so much free time on his hands to spout so much bad information.

The Bjorns

I found this video as well on Fox News:Car Seat Conundrum It shows the infamous E.D. Hill using seats all wrong and being corrected by Lori Walker of Safe Kids Worldwide. Better, but still no word on ERFing except a note that some infant seats now go higher than 20 lbs so you have to read your manual to know what you've got.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC