Question How much does the Chicco Keyfit weigh?

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I have a friend recovering from a c-section, with a husband who accepted a job transfer and moved ahead of her and the kids. She has a Companion and is really struggling with the weight. We can get her a Chicco for a good price but don't how much the seat weighs. I would stake money it's a fair amount lighter than the Companion, just from handling them both, but I don't know the weight for sure. I found a total weight of 16lbs for the base and the seat. Anyone know? Or have one that can weigh it for me?

Thanks!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

9 lbs, according to elitecarseats.com- 16.4 with base, so fairly close to the companion which Britax lists as 16 total.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
Shoot... So not lighter! I am surprised... I'll have to see if they have weights for the Snugride. Thanks for finding that... I couldn't!

crunchierthanthou

The SR is 7.25 lbs, but I don't know that those couple of lbs will make enough of a difference to justify $100 on a new bucket when she'll likely be back to normal in a couple weeks. She might just need to leave the seat in the car and use it like a convertible for a little while.

How old is the baby? Did her doctor give her an abdominal binder? Having been through 2 c/s and 2 other abdominal sugeries, the difference when using one is like night and day.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
It's just cold here, so she was hoping to avoid taking her in and out, but that is what she is doing now. She might be able to borrow a Snugride from a friend for the next couple weeks. I'll mention the binder to her though, I don't think she has one. Thanks!

J

Justine

I have been looking for the weight of the Chicco car seats not including the base as well. I went to the website and can not find it. THen when I selected contact us it stated that the website was not available. The Graco website however does have the dimensions of the seats with and without the base. One that I was looking at weighs 9.8 pounds without the base and 17 with the base (but who carries the both together? The point of the base is to be able to leave it in the car).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC