What convertible seats fits in a 2001 Subaru Outback

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
I know Subaru's can be notoriously difficult with their installs. I have a parent with a Subaru Outback (2001) and she wants to know of a good convertible seat under $150 that will fit in her car.
Thanks in advance!
Caroline

ADS

4BabyUnit

I have a True Fit, and it fits great in my 2001 Subaru Outback. It seems larger than most, so I really don't think she'll have a problem with most others. I know someone with a Cosco Scenera in their Outback too, and it's very inexpensive.

I know Subaru's can be notoriously difficult with their installs. I have a parent with a Subaru Outback (2001) and she wants to know of a good convertible seat under $150 that will fit in her car.
Thanks in advance!
Caroline

crunchierthanthou

how old and what size is the child? rf or ff? (I'm guessing rf because she's not looking for a ff combo). Does it need to fit next to any other seats? What position? the middle is tricky for any seat.

these were all outboard-

the EFTA fit okay. it seemed to take up more space rf than the Britax convertibles- which is opposite of most vehicles. The radian is too tall to rf. Britax convertibles fit well, but may be out of her budget. The Como (which is currently $150 at costco) installed okay, but the deep shell made loading/unloading difficult.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Okay that's great info! thank you both. It's a FFing 25lb 2 year old. i plan to talk to mom about the benefits of RFing.

crunchierthanthou

Okay that's great info! thank you both. It's a FFing 25lb 2 year old. i plan to talk to mom about the benefits of RFing.

great! if she's resistant, I'd suggest the GN unless there will be a younger sibling who could use it rf in the future. It's within the $150 budget and will last years longer than any convertible. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC