Logan dropped weight again? Should I push the RF?

Logan dropped weight again!(I swear he fluctuates so much)...he gained those 4 pounds from eating so much...now he is back to barely eating....ughhhhhh

So....he was up to 34 pounds so I turned him back FF....now I am thinking about turning him RF again......but he is saying NO! :-( Should I push it?
He is 3 1/2(4 the end of January)....31 pounds....39 inches...(and yes meets the 1 inch rule).

ADS

LuvMyGirls

At his age, I wouldn't push it if he is protesting. I'd rather he stay happily harnessed forward facing than start to hate his car seat because he has to ride rear facing. Too many of his friends are likely to be in booster soon.

I swear he loves to get ont he scale once a week and see his numbers! LOL!
He loves to read the numbers...he does this just to see the numbers....

Mabey I won't push it then.... I am glad he is only this weight.... I am glad I can hold off on a nautilus for awhile.....(i really was thinking about getting on at walmart for 122ish this week)

SPJ&E

I definitely wouldn't push it at almost 4 yrs. old...but we don't do the switching back-and-forth thing, so my opinion is a little biased. Once we go FF, we stay that way (except for the 1 time Pacey asked to be RF again for 1 ride...about halfway home, he wanted his seat turned back FF. :rolleyes:). He's about 31 lbs. regularly (32-33 fully clothed w/ shoes).

Last edited:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't push it. Especially if his weight is fluctuating up and down. If he were 18 mos I'd say track his weight closely but at almost 4, I would just leave him ff.

Karen

At that age, I'd let him choose. Of course I'd love for him to choose to RF, but I would leave it up to him.

At that age, I'd let him choose. Of course I'd love for him to choose to RF, but I would leave it up to him.

I would love him too as well! I am trying, but still saying no.... He is really all about being a booster since all his friends are in one(except my cousin's kid that I watch).

And is that the aqua marathon you have? I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Does it show dirt?

Karen

I would love him too as well! I am trying, but still saying no.... He is really all about being a booster since all his friends are in one(except my cousin's kid that I watch).

And is that the aqua marathon you have? I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Does it show dirt?
Yeah, no booster. Sorry kid!
Yep, it is aqua. I think it is great for a big kid. It wipes clean really easily and looks really sharp!

Yeah, no booster. Sorry kid!
Yep, it is aqua. I think it is great for a big kid. It wipes clean really easily and looks really sharp!

Yup, that is what I tell him! He has been fighting me lately on his harness! But, whatever he knows I am not budging... he will get over it! LOL!
Now, my 6 year old wants to be back in a harnessed seat, but if you read my previous posts you will know why he isn't. UGHHH!!!

I love that color! I am so wanting it for Logan!!! But, I so don't need another seat. Does it have the 18 inch harness?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC