You have a recaro? !!!!!

remken

Thats what my 19yr. old nephew said when he saw my dd start. Wich he thought was really cool, since he's heard that they are one of the best companys for racing seats. But didn't know that they made kid seats also.

ADS

remken

I'm working on it. My uncle though who he lives w/ seems to think all this cps stuff is nuts. ( Hes more worried about mad cow disease then he is car safety even though more people are killed in auto accidents)

melaniev

remken said:
I'm working on it. My uncle though who he lives w/ seems to think all this cps stuff is nuts. ( Hes more worried about mad cow disease then he is car safety even though more people are killed in auto accidents)

mad cow disease, bird flu, viral gastroenteritis, MRSA, VRE, auto accidents, plane crashes ... im just a safety freak in general. there's just so much to freakin worry about in this world, it makes me scared to take my kids anywhere.

when i was a little kid (say 20yrs ago), the big fear of the time was kidnapping ... so my mom wouldnt let me get the mail. at some point you have to draw the line and live a little though ... i just havent figured out where and how yet.

remken

(quote)
mad cow disease, bird flu, viral gastroenteritis, MRSA, VRE, auto accidents, plane crashes ... im just a safety freak in general. there's just so much to freakin worry about in this world, it makes me scared to take my kids anywhere.

Same here.
Car accidents is just the one the that scares my the most. Even though I don't eat beef any more either because of the fear of getting mad cow.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
My dad's race team thought i was nuts about seats until they saw the recaros in a magazine ad, now all they want to know is when they can have them in the truck (oh, about 5 years). They all think they are great and 1 of them bought two for his grandson who road in a backless booster (1 for him and 1 for his parents), he doesnt even take it out of the car when the kid isnt around! I've heard him say that the kid is going to ride in it until he outgrow is b/c of what he spent on it (much better than before when he was itching to throw out the backless and just use the seatbelt!)

I'm guilty of not being worried in the slightest about mad cow. Now if someone ate the tainted beef and got it, i would be but until then i'm going to enjoy beef. If i worried about all the stuff there is to worry about i;d have to be put in an asylum. I have huge anxiety issues just worrying about car accidents, thunderstorms (tornadoes and floods!), and strange dogs bites. (yup i panic when strange dogs get near me or my girls. Even dogs i know make me nervous.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC