FF/RF Radian in 2003 Taurus

fyrfightermomma

I tried looking through the successful Radian install thread but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I only found one thing before I gave up and it said LATCH was rock solid in center but seat belt was loose in outboard

I need to put the Radian when I do 3 across. It will be outboard with the seatbelt. Depending on DD2's size she *might* still be RFing, but will be FFing probably soon after

So anyone have experience with a Radian outboard RFing and FFing in a Taurus (03)? How's the front to back RFing room

I had a Radian and hated it, so I am dreading this but I think I need at least one to get 3 across.

So I was thinking if DD is still RFing I would do from passanger to driver-RF radian, GN, RF bucket(then MA when outgrown)

or if FFing GN, FFing Radian, bucket then MA.

Do you think those will puzzle?

I'm stumped. I have no where to try a Radian first around here.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We had a RN and 01 Taurus. I remember getting it tight ffing once w/ the seatbelt, I failed the other times. LATCH was great rfing and ffing and seatbelt was fine rfing. I don't know about getting that GN in their though. I swear that thing it way wider than it seems. I did a RN, AO, and SS1 in the Taurus all right. You can use LATCH in the middle though so if you need to do ffing RN, maybe put it there. The front to back room was o.k., we had the seat braced to give more room in the front. That was behind the passenger.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I haven't seen the inside of many newer Tauruses , but I think your best bet is going to be with the Radian in the middle (yeah, I know, '03 isn't "newer," but compared to the '87 we had, there's a huge difference!)

One of the girls I work with has a Taurus and I've installed her in car; next time I work with her I'll ask what year it is and check out the back seat.

fyrfightermomma

I haven't seen the inside of many newer Tauruses , but I think your best bet is going to be with the Radian in the middle (yeah, I know, '03 isn't "newer," but compared to the '87 we had, there's a huge difference!)

One of the girls I work with has a Taurus and I've installed her in car; next time I work with her I'll ask what year it is and check out the back seat.

I'd love it if you could. Just need to know how seatbelt and LATCH installs outboard and if you can cram it in RFing

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC