For Sale Pink Frontier

indigoblossom

Just FYI, the Frontier box is small enough to ship via the USPS. They are typically a lot cheaper as long as the box isn't oversized (which this one isn't).

i can't imagine that this is true, it seems it would easily be considered oversized - UPS has always had the best rates when i ship carseats or strollers - however, if you have to a box built as the OP does, it might be cheaper to do through DHL, i don't know.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
i can't imagine that this is true, it seems it would easily be considered oversized - UPS has always had the best rates when i ship carseats or strollers - however, if you have to a box built as the OP does, it might be cheaper to do through DHL, i don't know.

In Dana's defense she is a authorized Britax dealer, so she does have shipping experience with them. I know she sips the least expensive way. I will ship as cheap as possible. I PMed you.

EDITED TO SAY: not trying to be snarky. It is just not everone knows she is a authorized dealer for Britax :)

ZephyrBlue

Lisa, I'd be happy to give you my Frontier box if you can get it home from Albuquerque. We're not selling ours anytime soon- DD won't trade it for a Mariposa Nauti, I already tried :rolleyes:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Lisa, I'd be happy to give you my Frontier box if you can get it home from Albuquerque. We're not selling ours anytime soon- DD won't trade it for a Mariposa Nauti, I already tried :rolleyes:

I really appreciate the offer, but unless you are coming my way (8hours from you) then I don't think I can get it.

indigoblossom

In Dana's defense she is a authorized Britax dealer, so she does have shipping experience with them. I know she sips the least expensive way. I will ship as cheap as possible. I PMed you.

EDITED TO SAY: not trying to be snarky. It is just not everone knows she is a authorized dealer for Britax :)

i didn't know that and i wasn't trying to be snarky, either, nor am i now but i stand by my claim that fedex and ups are cheaper than usps, plus they include tracking and insurance in their price.

is it possible that retailers get discounted rates through shipping accounts with the post office, i honestly don't know? i've never paid more than $28 to ship a carseat from fedex, though, when the post office has wanted upwards of $100 to ship the same thing.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
i didn't know that and i wasn't trying to be snarky, either, nor am i now but i stand by my claim that fedex and ups are cheaper than usps, plus they include tracking and insurance in their price.

is it possible that retailers get discounted rates through shipping accounts with the post office, i honestly don't know? i've never paid more than $28 to ship a carseat from fedex, though, when the post office has wanted upwards of $100 to ship the same thing.

I knew you were not trying to be. I just wanted you to know she ships these all the time. She usually ship through the post office if the box is small enough. Other than that she uses DHL.

I generally get the best deals with USPS as long as the package is less than 70 lbs and under 110 inches girth. I you box is over the 100 inches it doubles the cost through usps. Now for stuff bigger I get the best deal through DHL as they allow for more girth.

indigoblossom

I knew you were not trying to be. I just wanted you to know she ships these all the time. She usually ship through the post office if the box is small enough. Other than that she uses DHL.

I generally get the best deals with USPS as long as the package is less than 70 lbs and under 110 inches girth. I you box is over the 100 inches it doubles the cost through usps. Now for stuff bigger I get the best deal through DHL as they allow for more girth.

maybe the online calculator is incorrect but i've entered the dimensions and weight and let USPS figure it out for me and it's always insanely expensive. i can't say i've ever actually taken a carseat and stroller to the post office though because the online quotes scared me - plus i like the quick delivery through UPS and FedEx. i've never tried DHL, though i've received large packages from them, i always figured they, too, were cheaper if you had an account with them :)

dhardawa

I'm a retailer and I ship these all the time via USPS. Anything under 108" doesn't incur the $50 oversize charge and the Frontier box is under 108". UPS is always higher than DHL or FedEx and is way higher than the USPS for large packages that are under 108".

The Frontier is 28 lbs and I believe the box is 26X19X18. Here are the quotes from Indiana to California insured for $200.

USPS $35.60
DHL $48.62
FedEx $49.82
UPS $57.92

If you're shipping for ~$25 it is because they aren't measuring the box and entering the dimensions. DHL, FedEx, and UPS all use dimensional weight so a seat this size ships at about a 70 lb rate.

TXAggieTech

DHL is no more. We had a bit of a panic last week when packages stop tracking days before store handover!

DHL halts U.S. domestic shipping, cuts 9,500 jobs — Deutsche Post World Net, the German parent of DHL U.S. Express, announced this week it will cut U.S. domestic delivery and 9,500 U.S. jobs. The company intents to focus solely on international shipping and will close 309 hubs across the country. The company reported the cuts will reduce costs from $5.4 billion to less than $1 billion. DHL laid off 5,400 workers earlier this year.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
DHL is no more. We had a bit of a panic last week when packages stop tracking days before store handover!

DHL halts U.S. domestic shipping, cuts 9,500 jobs — Deutsche Post World Net, the German parent of DHL U.S. Express, announced this week it will cut U.S. domestic delivery and 9,500 U.S. jobs. The company intents to focus solely on international shipping and will close 309 hubs across the country. The company reported the cuts will reduce costs from $5.4 billion to less than $1 billion. DHL laid off 5,400 workers earlier this year.

I liked DHL. Now if someone buys this seat I will have to make sure I get the box under 108 inches.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Anyone up for trading covers? I'd buy it but my boys would never allow their little bro to ride in a pink seat :)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
There was someone further up that wanted to swap a red rock cover also. YOu could check with them.

Last edited:

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hmmm so very tempting, any idea what new covers are going for these days? I am slightly out of the loop.

shipping would be to 04038, off to look for the OP

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC