Oh my! My TALL nephew

cpsaddict

My nephew is 7mths(5/2) and is dead even with the top slots on the Safeseat! :eek: This child basically has no legs. His feet are just past the crotch strap. He has probably 4" above his head. I hope his growth evens out somewhat. Otherwise, he will be in a Marathon sooner rather than later...:whistle:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hmmm, sounds like my six-month-old daughter and he are built very much the same... This is the one who is less than 1/4 inch from the top slots on the Scenera (not sure how those compare) and has about 2 inches before she outgrows by height (or 3 inches over her head.)

I am not sure how long I'm going to be able to keep her in her Radian. I'm betting her weight will slow down once she starts crawling (she is having trouble with that because of, you know, the torso) so then, I'm not sure but I think she might outgrow it by height before weight. Her RADIAN.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
He either has a very small head or there are some measuring issues. Once Ilana hit the top slots, she was just about at that 1" mark to get a new seat.

cpsaddict

He either has a very small head or there are some measuring issues. Once Ilana hit the top slots, she was just about at that 1" mark to get a new seat.

Well, his head is very, uhh, round, like a melon really. Or a cueball, since he's bald. I need to try him in the car and see how much difference there is because I noticed he tends to sink down in the seat once it's in the base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC